|10U Final National Rankings - Quite a Brawl!|
|Monday, 13 September 2010 14:56|
1) Miami Brawlers (FL) – Despite finishing third at the NYBC, the Brawlers are this years 10U national Champs. This team was on nobody’s radar at the beginning of the season but it didn’t take long for everyone to know who they were. A final four showing at Cooperstown and at the NYBC, along with an Elite 32 title, solidifies this team as number #1! Congrats on a great year!
2) Dairy Queen Crushers (AR) – The Crushers pulled off the unthinkable when they won the NYBC. Winning the NYBC vaults this team all the way up to number two in the final rankings. Congrats to coach Stroth and the Crushers on a BIG win!
3) Charlotte Megastars (NC) – They won Cooperstown and their only two losses at the Elite came against the TBS #1 Brawlers. They played arguably the toughest schedule in the country and 2011 is shaping up much the same as they have already given verbal commitments to Michigan Major Elite and Battle in the South.
4) Legends (FL) – For the second straight year, this team went to the Elite 32 as the number one ranked team in the country, only to lose in the semi-finals once again. That shouldn’t take away from a great season as they won the Battle in the South and made the final four at Cooperstown.
5) Banditos Black (TX) – The Banditos always figure out a way to shine when the spotlight is the brightest. That light was never brighter when they upset #1 Brawlers in the semis at NYBC. They lost by one run in the finals of the NYBC but that was still enough to vault them into the top 5.
6) Carolina Grasshoppers (NC) – This is the one team that every coach hates to see in their bracket. Finished an incredible 50-4 with two of those coming at the Elite against Charlotte and the Houston Wranglers.
7) Stealth Bombers (GA) – Had a tremendous showing in Disney by winning eight games. Big wins over the Germantown Giants, Houston Wranglers and the Florida Pokers moves this team into the top ten.
8) Piranz (FL) – This is the THIRD Florida team in the top eight. This team surprised everyone and finished second at the Elite and was an impressive 56-14 in 2010.
9) So Cal Outlaws (CA) – Was hoping to see this team at the Elite 32 but they chose to goto the Super Series instead, where they finished second to the Banditos. Regardless, this is still a top 10 team in the country.
10) East Cobb Braves (GA) – The Georgia state champs remain in the top ten with a fifth place finish at Disney. They were 33-7 in 2010 with two of those losses coming to Legends (FL) at the Elite which included a 2-1 heartbreaker.
11) Florida Pokers (FL) – This team made another nice run at Disney, finishing tied for fifth. Coach Lenny Roberts and his dad are doing things the right way over there and it shows.
12) Germantown Giants (TN) – We really felt that this team was the “sleeper team” in Disney. Just never got on track but still had an outstanding ’10 campaign by going 56-15.
13) Team Phenom (CA) – Finally got to see this team against the rest of the country at Cooperstown. Lost to the Charlotte Megastars 8-4 in the sweet 16. Curious to see if this team beefs up their schedule in 2011.
14) Mac n Seitz Indians (KS) – The Indians break into the top 15 by winning the CABA world series in Indiana.
15) Legends (TX) – The biggest surprise at the Elite had to be the Legends. They were 6-2 on the week with both losses coming to Piranz, the last one a one run loss that kept them out of the final four.
16) San Diego Stars (CA) – Despite an average showing in Disney, this team finished second at Cooperstown which helps this team move up the rankings this month.
17) Houston Wranglers (TX) – Do not let the 2-5 record at Disney fool you. They lost THREE one run games in the land of Mickey or things MIGHT have been a little different.
18) Az Blaze (AR) – The AZ state champs play a lot of 11u tournaments and are 29-4 against 11u teams.
19) Cincy Flames (OH) – This team came up a little short in their bid to goto the NYBC, but this team still had a tremendous season. Coach Beck is determined to make the Flames a national contender in 2011.
20) Cal Lumberjacks (CA) – The California season ends MUCH sooner than the rest of the country. Would like to see this team against some of the tougher national teams.
21) West Pine Cobras (FL) – This team actually beat the #1 Brawlers twice back in the spring. They were 39-15 on the year and went 5-2 at the Elite.
22) Trussville Diamond Dawgs (AL) – Won seven of twelve events in 2010 and never finished lower than fifth in any of them. Finished second at the USSSA Global World Series.
23) Mississippi Seminoles (MS) – Won the USSSA Global World Series and the Mississippi state championships to end the season.
24) Unleashed (TX) – An up and down year for this group from Texas that has seen them bounce in and out of the top 25……they finish on a high note at #24.
25) Lincoln Way Prospects (IL) – This team cracks the top 25 with a runner-up finish at the CABA world series. This team is looking to beef the schedule in 2011
Georgia Yard Dogs (GA)