|9U Top 25 National Rankings - Update 7/14/2010|
|Tuesday, 13 July 2010 18:52|
TravelBallSelect.com July 14, 2010 update of 2010 rankings for 9U Teams from all across the USA. Top 25 Teams plus teams earning “Honorable Mention”.
Honorable Mention teams are teams that are showing potential that could move them into the top 25 rankings. These rankings will be updated at least bi-weekly to reflect the latest results from major tournament competition.
1. Oakley Stingrays (Whittier, CA) continue to hold the #1 spot. They have been playing in 10U tournaments. But most recently, they went 4-0 while winning the July 4th 9U Firecracker NIT. Since then, the Stingrays have been idle and are preparing to head for the upcoming USSSA Elite 32 World Series in Disney’s Wide World of Sports in Kissimmee, Florida. This event will take place during the week of July 31st. With a 60+ win season, this team continues to hold a firm grip on their #1 ranking. They are not running away from tough competition. They will be facing the best of the best at the Elite 32.
2. The Nomads Elite (Garden Grove, CA) continue to hold onto their #2 ranking. They have proven themselves with consistently tough play against some of the nation's best teams. Most recently, they won the July 10th Baldwin Park Roadrunner Tournament. Next, the Nomads will play in the July 17th 10U So CAL Outlaws tournament as they prepare to head out to Steamboat Springs, Colorado for the Triple Crown World Series. This event will also take place during the week of July 31st.
3. TEAM MIAMI (Miami, FL) continue to hold the #3 ranking on the basis of their performance against top teams. They won the Sunshine Super NIT going 5-0 and beating both MO Steel and the Bullets/Titans in route to winning this title. Their performance continues to show that they will be a strong challenger at the upcoming Elite 32.
4. MO Steel (Miami Lakes, FL) ) finished their 2010 season as the Runner-up at the 9U AAU Nationals. They were also back to back 9U FPBL league champions with a 24-1 record against tough South Florida competition. This record does not include their travel competition, which adds another 30 wins to their credit. Overall, they finished their 9U season with a impressive 58-7 record.
5. Georgia Yard Dogs Black (Decatur, GA) hold onto #5 this week. Most recently, they have been playing in 10U competition and in AADC Georgia competition as they prepare to head down to Disney for the USSSA 9U Elite 32. They have built a 29-3 record in travel play against 9 and 10U teams plus they have a dominating record in tough local league play in the Atlanta area. Look for this team to be a very strong challenger for the Elite 32 World Series title.
6. Avenger VI Force (Houston, TX) holds the #6 position. This past week they went 4-0 while winning the 10U Big Bang Showdown. They have built an 24-3 record winning 5 tournaments in USSSA while playing very good 9U and 10U competition. They are also heading for the Elite 32 with their win at the Twin Cities Super NIT. This is a team that has shown that they can challenge the best. So, watch them at Disney.
7. Banditos Black (Houston, TX) move up from #8 after winning the Triple Crown 10U SlumpBuster® National Title in Omaha. They won 5 straight in this national title event. They currently hold a 38-9 overall record with a big win at the Texas Super NIT qualifying them for the Elite 32.
8. Carolina Cubs (Triangle Park, NC) moves from #5. They finished with a respectable 3-2 record this past week at the 10U Top Gun World Series. They have won 7 tournaments including the 9U North Carolina Super NIT and have built an overall 34-4-8 record while playing a consistently tough 10U schedule as part of their preparation for the upcoming Elite 32 championship. These Cubs are solid, tested team and are a solid contender at Disney.
9. PSA White Sox Red (Flowood, MS) holds firmly to #9. In the past weeks, they have won 3 straight tournaments, 2 of which were 10U events including their win at the USSSA 10U All Star Classic this past weekend . They now have built a 50-11 overall record this season to go with 8 tournament wins including 2 Super NIT’s. This is a team that can challenge the best if they bring their “A” game to the Elite 32.
10. Bullets / Titans (Tampa, FL) moves from #9 to the #10 slot. They have been idle in recent weeks after a semi-finals finish at the Florida State tournament. They hold a solid 42-13 record. They have won 5 tournaments including the 10U Sunshine Super NIT.
11. Mudcats Baseball (Covington, TN) has been idle recently and holds steady pending their performance down the stretch of the summer season. They have built an overall record of 44-12 including a 14-8 record versus 10U teams. They also have 7 tournament wins. This is a very good team that can challenge the best at the Elite 32 coming up July 31st.
12. East Cobb Longhorns (Marietta, GA) hold steady at #12. They finished in the semi-finals at 9U AAU Nationals held in late June. They have established an impressive 61-7-5 overall record including 48-4-5 record versus 9U competition. This is a solid team that has played a tough and enduring schedule.
13. Mac-N-Seitz Indians (Kansas City, MO) moves up a notch from #14 after winning the 9U MO-Kan State Championship beating a very good KC Sluggers team 10-3. This past weekend, they were 2-0 and #1 seed at the Triple Crown Kansas/Missouri showdown before that event got rained out. They are gaining momentum with 2 straight tournament wins during the prior two successive weeks. They continue to prepare before heading to the Triple Crown World Series coming up at the end of this month. Thus far, they have built an overall record of 37-9 including an 11-4 record in 10U competition.
14. The Show (San Diego, CA) moves from #11. They are coming back after a long layoff for local league competition, and are re-tuning their game. This past week, they resumed play by finishing as a semi-finalist with a very close 5-4 loss to the Arizona All Stars at the Triple Crown San Deigo Grand Slam. This coming week, they will be playing in the USSSA Summer Sizzle as they continue preparation for heading to the Triple Crown Nationals in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. They hold a 33-4 record in tournament play this season.
15. NorCAL Titans (Brentwood, CAN) jumps from #19. This past week (July 18) they finished their 2010 season as the runner-up at the 9U North Cal tournament. This finish came after outscoring their opponents by a 57-8 margin. In the week piror, they won the NCTB Mid-Summer Classic. The Titans finished their 2010 9U season with an overall record of 52-15 with 8 championships and 5 runner-ups. Of their 15 losses, 4 were to solid 10u teams and 2 were to The San Diego Show, a top 10 caliber team. They will now shift to 10U play for the balance of this calendar year.
16. Oklahoma Naturals (Oklahoma City) hold onto the #16 slot although they were idle in recent days. They won two straight Super NIT titles along with winning the Oklahoma State Championship. They have built a 31-5 overall record including a 3-1 run against 10U opponents. This team will be competing at the USSSA Elite 32.
17. Bay Bombers (Lynn Haven, FLN) holds at #17. They have remained idle after winning the North Florida State Championship. That win followed their runner-up finish at the Tallahassee Super NIT in May. The Bombers hold a 27-5 record against 9U teams to go along with 4 tournament wins. They are also heading for the Elite 32.
18. Traveling Eagles (Niceville, FLN) holds at #18 as they have also moved into idle mode after finishing as Runner-up in the North Florida State. That performance came after their win at the Tallahassee Super NIT. This is a deceptive team as 2 of the best 9U athletes often play up on the Eagles 10U team. However, when they are playing with a full deck of athletes, they are a dangerous team. They now have an overall record of 26-7 with 3 tournament wins and are preparing for the Elite 32.
19. Wolverines Baseball (Chino Hills, CA) moved up from #20 with a solid showing at the July 10th Baldwin Park Roadrunner Tournament They have consistently played a tough schedule - frequently facing off against top teams from Southern California. They have an overall record of 34-15-2 since January, 2010. This is an impressive record considering the strength of their schedule.
20. Cabot Storm (Cabot, Arkansas) moves up from #23 this week, This Storm team that may be even better than this. They have a 55-10 record to go along with 7 tournament wins. This is an impressive record by any measure.
21. Detroit Bees holds steady at #21 with an impressive overall record of 35-4 and seven tournament wins including the Columbus Super NIT. Although they recently lost to “Honorable Mention” Detroit Metro Stars (giving them a 3rd place finish at the Michigan State Championship), they have an impressive win record.
22. Virginia Thunder (Chester, VA) slips from #17 as they continue to remain idle. Their last win was the Big Dawg Classic in Roanoke last month. That win was a rebound from their 3rd place finish at the Virginia State Championships. Earlier, they had finished as the runner-up at the NC Super NIT, going 3-1 losing only to the Carolina Cubs in a very close 7-5 game in the finals. They hold an impressive overall record of 40-8 with 4 of these losses coming against a 10U teams and another loss coming against the #7 ranked Carolina Cubs.
23. Mighty Ducks (Fort Smith, Arkansas) break into top 25 with recent July 4th win at the 10U Arkansas Stars and Strikes Classic. They have a built a 42-5 overall record including a 26-4 record versus 10U’s. They have also won 7 tournaments. Their best finish in a major event was 3rd in a Super Regional; otherwise, they would be ranked higher.
24. Montgomery Crush continue to hold steady at #24 with 53-17 record w/4 tourney wins including a Runner-Up finish in Alabama State Championship. Even though they lost to the Outlaws (Honorable Mention) in the finals their record stands strong.
25. (Tie) LA Rip Sophomores (Kenner, Louisiana) continued to remain idle this week, but they retain a share of the #25 slot. They hold a 46-14 record with 6 tournament wins including three straight wins in May and two recent 2nd place finishes.
25. (Tie) San Deigo Owls move back into top 25. After a long layoff due to local league play, the Owls have resumed play. They are an Elite 32 qualifier and are gearing up to head to Disney Florida. They started preparation by winning a local tournament this past weekend. This is a good team that is capable of some big surprises at Disney.