|14U National Rankings Updated - 'Stros King with Wood|
|Saturday, 10 July 2010 09:31|
1. (2) East Cobb Astros - The Astros just made an impressive run in the 14U WWBA National Championships making it to the ship’ and taking the hardware. This team has it all from pitching depth to a powerful offense.
2. (3) Florida Flash - Tom “Flash” Gordon’s squad just took home the Mizuno Sunshine State Champion to gain the second spot in the ranking. The Flash also had a big victory over the East Cobb Astros back in June in the Perfect Game tournament held at the ECB complex.
3. (1) Team Florida - Team Florida picked up big wins in the Sunshine State Super NIT earlier this year. They have not played a lot as of late but look for them to be in contention late July.
4. (7) Poison Express (FL) - The Express continue to win and feature some of the best talent in the Southeast on the field. Look for them to continue going deep in big tournaments this summer.
5. (5) NorCal - This Northern California team is respected throughout the country for its success on the diamond. NorCal has been playing up a lot lately look for them to take big 14U tournaments in the next few weeks.
6. (13) Dulins Dodgers - The Dodgers made it to the championship game in the WWBA 14U National Championships. This team is full of powerful bats and solid arms.
7. (4) HB Nitro Elite (CA) - This California bunch plays hard and continues to produce wins. Coming off a deep finish in last years Elite 32, look for this group to contend late July.
8. (8) Beaver Valley Red (PA) - Beaver Valley recently defeated Tri State Arsenal in the Columbus Super Nit to move up the rankings. Valley features some great talent and can really hit the ball with power to all parts of the field. They recently won nations baseball "North Coast Classic" Tournament.
9. (6) Houston Banditos (TX) - Recently the Banditos played in the WWBA 14U going 2-1. This team can still produce runs and has top level talent that will take them far in late July tournaments
10. (9) Tri State Arsenal (NJ) - Arsenal has a solid team coming in at number eleven. They have been a program that has put themselves on the map as being a solid contender in the world series the past few years. Recently Tri State went the quarterfinal game of the 14u WWBA before being defeated by the Charlotte Hurricanes.
11. (10) The Juice (TN) - The Juice recently took some tough losses at Snowden Grove Classic but look to rebound as they will be able to compete with anyone late July. This team is very athletic and plays well together.
12. (14) CBC Storm (FL) - The Storm took the Tallahassee Super NIT and did very well in the Florida State Championships getting wins over Gulf Coast and the Florida Flash earlier in the year. Recently the Storm took the Battle of the South routing Motor City Orange and the Indiana Bulls.
13. (11) Peninsula Stars (CA) - The Stars currently boast a 39-9 record. Although they dropped a few games in the Stars and Stripes tournament this team can still flat out play.
14. (12) Gulf Coast Greyhounds (FL) - Despite not playing much as of late the Greyhounds are still respected enough to get the #14 ranking. Look for them to make some noise in up coming tournaments.
15. (15) Arizona Nitro - The Nitro came in second place in the Spring Championships Super NIT getting wins over Nor Cal baseball and Team Rawlings Elite. Look for this team to come close to repeating last years 5th place finish in the Elite 32.
16. (22) Charlotte Megastars (NC) - The Megastars recently went to the WWBA 14U National Championship and had a great run before being dropped by Dulins Dodgers in the semi final game. The Megastars boast a tough offense that is matched with a well balance defensive nine.
17. (18) East Cobb Titans - The Titans are a big physical team that does what it takes to win. Recently they went 3-0 in pool play at the 14U WWBA before falling in the first round to the Charlotte Megastars in bracket play.
18. (17) Team Rawlings Elite (CA) - Rawlings took some tough losses in the Memorial Day Super Nit to fall to number #20. This team can still do what it takes to win and proved that in the California State Championships going 4-0.
19. (NR) So Cal National Travel Team – This is a team came out of nowhere and finished in the semi finals at the Battle of the South and just recently defeated LIDS Indiana Bulls and the East Cobb Astros in the 14U Perfect Game BCS.
20. (16) Knights Baseball (MS) - The Knights recently got good wins over The Juice and Sliders baseball in route of coming in 2nd in The Uno Invitational. Knights play good fundamental baseball.
21. (19) Motor City Hit Dogs (MI) - The Hit Dogs have lost some very close games as of lately in the Michigan Elite to the Ohio Storm and Ohio Elite but bounced back in their Open State. This team can still play with the best.
22. (NR) Michigan Bulls - The Bulls made a deep run in the Michigan Major Elite and the Open State Tournament beating teams such as the Ohio Storm, Ohio Elite, South Oakland A’s, and Motor City Dogs Orange.
23. (NR) Michigan Clippers - Powerhouse Clippers made it all the way to the semi finals of the WWBA 14U before falling to the eventual champion East Cobb Astros in the semi final game. Also took down Tri State Grey and Team Oakley this team is well respected and has top level talent.
24. TIE (NR) Dallas Tigers - The Tigers are playing good ball and just recently took the Texas State Championship beating DBat Mustangs Brady and the Dallas Stars. The Tigers have played against top level teams this summer and look to keep progressing.
24. TIE (NR) Charlotte Hurricanes - The Hurricanes were impressive in the WWBA 14U beating Tri State Blue before falling to the East Cobb Astros. This team has great pitching and can hit the ball to all parts of the field.
25. TIE (NR) Louisiana Tigers - This team has put it together through the year. Going far into tournaments such as UNO Invitational, Atlanta Super NIT, Oak Forest Invitational, and the South Texas Super NIT they show they can play with anyone.
25. TIE (NR) Legends Black - The Legends looked very impressive in the Omaha SlumpBuster. This team can really hit and has the pitching depth that gets a lot of wins.