|9U Top 25 National Rankings - Updated 6/24/2010|
|Wednesday, 23 June 2010 22:31|
TravelBallSelect.com June 24, 2010 update of 2010 rankings for 9U Teams from all across the USA.
Honorable Mention teams are teams that are showing potential that could move them into the top 25 rankings. These rankings are typically updated twice monthly to reflect the latest results from major tournament competition.
1. Oakley Stingrays (Whittier, CA) continue to hold the #1 spot. They have recently been playing only 10U tournaments in preparation for the Elite 32 coming up in Disney (Florida). This past weekend, they played in the 10U State Championship where they twice faced the #2 ranked Nomads Elite going 1-0-1 with a 11 all tie in pool play followed by a 10-5 win in the bracket rounds. The Stingrays lost a 7-6 squeaker in the semi-finals to the 10u Mira Costa All Stars, who went on to win the 10U California State Championship. The Stingrays will be playing local 10U events as they continue to prepare for post season 9u championship play.
2. The Nomads Elite (Garden Grove, CA) continue to follow closely as the #2 ranked team. This past week, they tied the #1 ranked Stingrays at 11 all in their first face off in pool play, but later lost 10-5 when they faced the Stingrays in the bracket rounds of the USSSA 10U California State Championship.
3. TEAM MIAMI (Miami, FL) continue to hold the #3 ranking on the basis of their performance in the Sunshine Super NIT going 5-0 and beating both MO Steel and the Bullets/Titans in route to winning this Championship Title. Their performance continues to show that they are up to the challenge for being the #1 team when the season plays out.
4. MO Steel (Miami Lakes, FL) ) finished their 2010 season as the Runner-up at the 9U AAU Nationals. They were also back to back 9U FPBL league champions with a 24-1 record against tough South Florida This record does not include their travel competition play. This week, they are playing in the AAU Nationals at Disney’s Wild World of Sports. Thus far, the Boys of Steel are 4-0 through pool play and the 1st round of bracket play at this event with wins over good 9U teams including the Milton Mustangs (MA) and TEAM Mizuno (FL), and East Cobb Longhorns. This event finishes on June 26th.
5. (Tie) Georgia Yard Dogs Black (Atlanta, GA) move up from #6 this week after going 6-0 against good 10U teams in AADC play. This comes after their big win at the Texas/Louisiana Governors Super NIT. They now head to the AADC Georgia State Championships where they will likely face the 10U Yard Dogs (one of the top 10U teams in the country) along the way. They will also play in the upcoming Grisham-Smoltz tournament as 10’s before heading to Disney for the 9U Elite 32.
5. (Tie) Avenger VI Force (Houston, TX) holds at #5 but tied with the Georgia Yard Dogs. This past week, they went 4-0 and while competing against a tough line-up of Texas teams at the USSSA 9U Texas State Championships. They have already qualified for the Elite 32 having won the 9U Twin City Super NIT. In addition, they have won three 10U tournaments competing against good competition.
7. Carolina Cubs move up from #9. Since Memorial Day, the Cubs have racked up 10 straight wins and 3 10U tournament Championships including this past week’s Reebok Invitational, the 9U East North Carolina State Championship, and the 10U Summer Slam Championship. They now have won 7 tournaments including the 9U North Carolina Super NIT and hold a 31-2-8 overall record. Their only loses have come against 10U teams. Look for this team to challenge for national titles as the summer season moves down the stretch.
8. Banditos Black (Houston, TX) This past week, the Banditos won a major national 10U tournament - the Triple Crown 10U SlumpBuster in Omaha. They went 5-0 in this event. In their prior outing, they played against a line-up of outstanding 9U Texas teams although they finished in 5th place. But along the way, they beat the eventual state champion by a score of 11-1. They were also the runner-up in the recent Govenor’s Super NIT, losing only to the #5 ranked Georgia Yard Dogs in a close 6-3 shootout. They currently hold a 38-9 overall record with a big win at the Texas Super NIT to go along with this past week's 10U SlumpBuster National Championship.
9. (Tie) Bullets / Titans (Tampa, FL) moves to the #9 slot. They have been idle in recent days after a semi-finals finish at the Florida State tournament. They hold a solid 42-13 record and are even better than that record shows. Their recent key wins include the 10U Sunshine Super NIT, along with a runner-up finish at the 9U Sunshine Super NIT. IN this tournament, they put up a big fight - beating the #4 ranked MO Steel 3-0 before dropping a tough 8-6 championship loss to #3 ranked TEAM Miami in that showdown. They also played tough game losing 11-9 to the #5 ranked Georgia Yard Dogs Black during a May showdown at the Florida Elite Invitational.
9. (Tie) PSA White Sox Red (Flowood, MS) moves from #10 into a tie for #9. After their win at the recent Mid South Super NIT in Southaven, they followed with a semi-finals finish at the 10U Mississippi Memorial Day NIT. They now have built a 43-11 overall record this season to go with 6 tournament wins including 2 Super NIT’s. This is another team that continues to play strong as the season moves into the summer stretch.
11. The Show (San Diego, CA) remains idle since winning the TCS Chelsea King Memorial. The Show will return to play play 1 or 2 more tournaments in July before heading to the Summer Nationals in Steamboat Springs. Thus far in their 2010 season, the 9U Show has played in 7 tournaments, winning 5 while finishing as runner up in 1, and reaching the semi-finals in the other. They have already qualified for the Elite 32 with their Super NIT win in NoCAL. They hold a 31-3 record in 9U tournament play.
12. East Cobb Longhorns (Marietta, GA) hold steady at #12. This week, they are playing in the AAU Nationals this week and thus far hold a 3-1 record with the only loss coming against a very good Florida Pokers team. Thus far, they have established an impressive 61-7-5 overall record including 48-4-5 record versus 9U competition.
13. Mudcats Baseball (Covington, TN) holds steady even after a last week’s 6th place finish at the Summer Showdown NIT at First Tennessee Fields in Cordova, Tennessee. This followed several weeks of very solid showings. They recently won the Schools Out Celebration at Southaven’s Snowden Grove Park and finished as the runner up at the MidSouth Super NIT going 5-1 and losing only the PSA Sox Red in the finals. They now have built an overall record of 44-12 including a 14-8 record versus 10U teams. They also have 7 tournament wins. This is a very good team that has just hit a temporary Summer Slump. Look for them to bounce back strong.
14. Mac-N-Seitz Indians (Kansas City, MO) are holding steady at #14 as they were idle this past weekend after 2 straight tournament wins during the prior two successive weeks. They won the Illini Classic and Cowtown Showdown. They now have an overall record of 31-8 including an 11-4 record in 10U competition. Next up, they start preparation for heading out to compete at the Triple Crown World Series in Steamboat Springs.
15. Bay Bombers (Lynn Haven, FLN) move up from #17 after winning the North Florida State Championship this past weekend. This win follows their runner-up at the Tallahassee Super NIT in May. The Bombers now hold a 27-5 record against 9U teams to go along with 4 tournament wins.
16. Oklahoma Naturals blast out of Honorable Mention all the way to #16. This team is playing really well. After 2 straight Super NIT wins along with winning the Oklahoma State Championship this past week, they have made a strong case. They have built a 31-5 overall record including a 3-1 run against 10U opponents. This proves that consistent performance as an Honorable Mention is a good place to prove top 20 rankings.
17. Virginia Thunder moved from #15. They were off this week after last week’s win at the Big Dawg Classic in Roanoke. This win was a rebound from their 3rd place finish at the Virginia State Championships. Earlier, they had finished as the runner-up at the NC Super NIT, going 3-1 losing only to the Carolina Cubs in a very close 7-5 game in the finals. They now have an overall record of 40-8 with 4 of these losses coming against a 10U teams and the other loss against the #7 ranked Carolina Cubs.
18. Traveling Eagles (Niceville, FLN) moves from #16 after finishing as Runner-up in the North Florida State. This comes after their win at the Tallahassee Super NIT. This is a deceptive team as 2 of the best 9U athletes often play up on the Eagles 10U team. However, when they are playing with a full deck of athletes, they are a dangerous team – as their recent wins proves. They now have an overall record of 26-7 with 3 tournament wins.
19. NorCAL Titans (Brentwood, CAN) are holding steady as they continue to play well against good 10U competition. They went 4-0 at the June 27th, 9u Bob Caldera Memorial Open. This was their 7th tournament win of the year. They will take the next 2 weeks off and play again July 10th. This past win was their 5th straight 9U tournament win. They have also focused some of their play in 10U events in which they have played strong - finishing as runner-up in 10U competition during recent weeks. These Titans now have established a 39-11 overall record.
20. Wolverines Baseball (Chino Hills, CA) continue to hold steady at their #20 spot this week. They recently won California Memorial Day Super NIT. They have consistently played a tough schedule - frequently facing off against the top of the west coast teams. They have an overall record of 34-15-2 since January, 2010.
21. Detroit Bees hold steady at #21 with an impressive overall record of 35-4 and seven tournament wins including the Columbus Super NIT. Even with their recently lost to new coming “Honorable Mention” Detroit Metro Stars in their 3rd place finish at the Michigan State Championship, they have an impressive win record.
23. Cabot Storm (Arkansas) move into top 25 this week. They have a 55-10 record to go along with 7 tournament wins.
24. Montgomery Crush continue to hold steady at #24 with 53-17 record w/4 tourney wins including Runner-Up finish in Alabama State Championship losing to Outlaws (Honorable Mention) in the finals.
25. LA Rip Sophomores (Kenner, Louisiana) enter the top 25 this week by virtue of their 46-14 record and 6 tournament wins including 3 straight wins in May and 2 recent 2nd place finishes.