|9U Top 25 Teams - Final Rankings for 2010 Season|
TravelBallSelect's Final 2010 Season Rankings of the Top 25 teams from all across the USA
Top 25 Teams plus teams earning “Honorable Mention”.
1. No doubt about it, the Oakley Stingrays Green (of Whittier/Norwalk, CA) are the best team in the nation this year. They were the winners of both the USSSA Elite 32 (that was packed with many of the best teams in the nation); as well as, the USTBA World Series that took place shortly before going to Disney Florida. With their 70+ win season this year, this team laid the foundation for greatness that can continue in future years.
2. The Nomads Elite (Garden Grove, CA) continue to hold onto their #2 ranking. They finished their 2010 9U season after going 9-1 to win the Triple Crown World Series. This team has proven themselves with consistently outstanding play against some of the nation's best teams including the #1 ranked Oakley Stingrays Green. In addition, they finished their 9U season with an impressive 50+ wins.
3. TEAM MIAMI (Miami, FL) finished their 2010 season with strong play at the USSSA Elite 32 holding firmly onto the #3 ranking. Even though they lost a close 8-5 match-up in the Elite 32 semi-finals against the #1 ranked Oakley Stingrays, their 7-1 performance throughout that series and through their 50+ win season proved that they are clearly to be counted among the very best.
4. Georgia Yard Dogs Black finishes as the #4 ranked team in the nation. They finished with a 7-1 record and placed 4th in the Elite 32 having only lost one close 2-0 game against to the Bullets/Titans in the semi-finals. They finished with a 35-4 travel baseball record and 5 major tournament wins.
6. Avenger VI Force (Houston, TX) held firm at their prior #6 position. They started slow at the Elite 32 but found their game in time to secure a tie for 5th place. They finished they year with a 29-7 record winning 5 tournaments while playing very good 9U and 10U competition.
7. MO Steel (Miami Lakes, FL) ) finished their 2010 season as the Runner-up at the 9U AAU Nationals. They were also back to back 9U FPBL league champions with a 24-1 record against tough South Florida competition. This record does not include their travel competition, which adds another 30 wins to their credit. Overall, they finished their 9U year with an impressive 58-7 record.
8. Banditos Black (Houston, TX) held their #8 ranking after finishing 4-2 at the Elite 32. They won the Triple Crown 10U SlumpBuster® National Title in Omaha and finished with a 42-11 overall record with a big win at the Texas Super NIT qualifying them for the Elite 32.
9. Traveling Eagles (Niceville, FLN) moved up from their prior ranking at #18. They finished with a strong performance at the Elite 32 rounding out their overall record to an impressive 31-9 with 3 tournament wins. Their season record could have been even better if they had played the entire season with their full complement of 9U players who often played up at the 10U level.
10. San Diego Owls were impressive at the Elite 32 finishing tied with the Avenger VI Force for 5th place. After a long layoff due to local league play, the Owls resumed play shortly before heading to the Elite 32 in Disney Florida. They drew a very tough line-up at Disney as they faced some of the best teams in this talent loaded event - including the runner-up Bullets/Titans along with twice facing the #2 ranked TEAM Miami before being eliminated late in the series.
11. PSA White Sox Red (Flowood, MS) moved from #9 as their season wrapped up at the Elite 32. They finished their season with a 53-13 overall record this season to go with 8 tournament wins including 2 Super NIT’s. This is a team that can challenge the best if they bring their “A” game to the Elite 32.
12. Carolina Cubs (Triangle Park, NC) moved from #10 after having a respectable 4-2 performance in Disney this past week. Their final season accolades include winning 7 tournaments along with an overall 38-4-10 record while playing a consistently tough 10U schedule.
13. Bay Bombers (Lynn Haven, FLN) also moved up in the final season rankings from their prior level at #17. They had remained idle after winning the North Florida State Championship and runner-up finish at the Tallahassee Super NIT. The Bombers hold a 31-8 record against 9U teams to go along with 4 tournament wins.
14. East Cobb Longhorns (Marietta, GA) finished their season in the semi-finals at 9U AAU Nationals held in late June. During their season, they built an impressive 61-7-5 overall record including 48-4-5 record versus 9U competition. This is a solid team that played well against a tough and enduring schedule.
15. San Diego Stars moved into the top 20 after finishing with an impressive performance at the Triple Crown World Series. They beat the #2 ranked Nomads Elite 10-9 in bracket play, but fell 8-5 in the second meeting with the #2 ranked Nomads Elite in the finals while finishing as the Runner up in the Triple Crown World Series.
16. Oklahoma Naturals (Oklahoma City) moves from the #16 slot after a respectable showing at the Elite 32. They lost a close battle against the #4 ranked Georgia Yard Dogs Black in bracket play. They built a 34-8 overall record and won two straight Super NIT titles along with the Oklahoma State Championship this season.
17. Mighty Ducks (Fort Smith, Arkansas) moves up from #23 to finish at #15. They won the USSSA World Series held in Ellisville, Missouri during mid July. They finished their 2010 9U season with a 49-6 overall record including a 26-4 record versus 10U’s. They also won 8 tournaments.
18. The Show (San Diego, CA) started strong, finished with a respectable performance in the Triple Crown World Series. This team was hampered a bit down the stretch of the season as the came back after a long layoff for local league competition. They finished their season at the Triple Crown World Series where they were eliminated by the #2 ranked Nomads Elite after an 18-11 loss. They finished their season with a 35-6 record in tournament play this season.
19. Mudcats Baseball (Covington, TN) finished their 9U season going 4-4 at the Elite 32. They finished with an overall season record of 48-16 to go along with 7 tournament wins.
20. NorCAL Titans (Brentwood, CAN) finished their season in late July with an overall record of 52-15 with 8 championships and 5 runner-ups. Of their 15 losses, 4 were to solid 10u teams and 2 were to The San Diego Show, a top 10 caliber team. They will now shift to 10U play for the balance of this calendar year.
21. Mac-N-Seitz Indians (Kansas City, MO) finished as the Division 2 runner up the Triple Crown World Series. They built an overall record of 43-12 including an 11-4 record in 10U competition.
22. Wolverines Baseball (Chino Hills, CA) finished year by going 3-3 at the Triple Crown World Series. They also built an overall record of 37-5 since January, 2010. This is an impressive record considering the strength of their schedule.
23. (Tie) Oakley Stingrays Black (Huntington Beach, CAS) winner of the USTSA World Series in San Diego.
23. (Tie) Plainfield Tornadoes moved into the final season rankings at #23 after wining the 9U NABF World Series and also after a respectable showing at the Elite 32 in Disney where they played some very close games against top 10 ranked teams.
24. (Tie) Cabot Storm (Cabot, Arkansas) finished at #25 after having built a 55-10 record to go along with 7 tournament wins this season. This is an impressive record by any measure. This team could have finished much higher but they closed competitive travel play in late June.
24. (Tie) Montgomery Crush finish ranked at #24 with 59-21 record w/4 tourney wins.
25. (Tie) LA Rip Sophomores (Kenner, Louisiana) finished their 9U season with a 46-14 record with 7 tournament wins.
written by piasa30, January 31, 2011
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 November 2010 08:56|