|9U Top 25 Rankings Update - June 10, 2010|
|Tuesday, 08 June 2010 17:13|
TravelBallSelect.com June 10, 2010 update of 2010 rankings for 9U Teams from all across the USA.
Honorable Mention teams are teams that are showing potential that could move them into the top 25 rankings. These rankings will be updated bi-weekly to reflect the latest results from major tournament competition.
1. Oakley Stingrays (Whittier, CA) hold on to the #1 spot. They went 3-1 in Chino Hills 10U tournament this past week. They recently won the latest face off with the Nomads Elite at the “Bash-4-Cash” held in Chino Hills, CA May 15th. The Stingrays and the Nomads share a 2-2-1 record in direct “head-to-head” play since April.
2. Nomads Elite (Garden Grove, CA) hold a very close 2nd again this week. They hold a 2-2-1 record in recent “head-to-head” against #1 Stingrays. They “showed their toughness and their "never quit" spirit after being down 12-5 to come from behind and take a 13-12 win their first game against the Oakley Stingrays. They also showed their winning character by refusing to quit in their 16-11 loss to the #1 ranked Stingrays.
3. TEAM MIAMI (Miami, FL) continues to hold onto #3. They currently hold a 38-4 record along with 3 tournament wins and 3 Runner-up finishes. They recently won the Sunshine Super NIT going 5-0 including a 3-2 win over #4 ranked MO Steel along with an 8-6 win over the #7 ranked Bullets/Titans in the Championship Title game. This is a team that can challenge for #1 team when the season plays out.
4. MO Steel (Miami Lakes, FL) hold onto their #4. This past week, they won the 9U division FPBL season championship, becoming only the second team in league history to finish the season undefeated in this local (but very tough) area of league play. Next up, these “Boys of Steel” will be competing in the AAU Nationals that will be held June 21st – 26th at Disney’s Wild World of Sports Complex. Although they had two very close losses at the May 16th Sunshine Super NIT, this team that is capable of beating the very best as their 31-6 record in travel play, along with 3 tournament wins proves. Their FPBL record adds at least 24 more wins to the 31-6 record in travel baseball circuits.
5. Georgia Yard Dogs Black (Atlanta, GA) move to #5 after winning the Governor’s XII Super NIT this past weekend beating the #8 Banditos Black and #? Ranked Legends (TX). They also recently won the 10U “Red Swain Classic” going 4-1 in that event. They hold a 29-3 record with four tournament wins against several quality opponents. This is a team that is capable of beating the best of the best.
6. Avenger VI Force (Houston, TX) moves from #5 to the #6 spot even though they recently won the 9U Texas Invitational last week. In that event, they went 4-0 and beat TBS HM San Antonio Devils 6-5 in the finals in a game that went 9 innings. Thus far in their 2010 season, they have won six 9U or 10U tournaments. Also, they recently finished as the runner up at the 10U Nations South Texas Invitational. This team has recently reinforced their roster with key players coming over from Legends Baseball. This is also a team that is capable of beating the best of the best.
8. (Tie) Banditos Black (Houston, TX) moves from #9 after a strong series finishing as the runner-up to the #5 ranked Yard Dogs at the Governor’s XII Super NIT this past weekend. They recently went 5-0 while winning the May 1st South Texas Super NIT. Their current overall season record stands at 31-8. They have won 3 tournaments including the South Texas Super NIT.
8. (Tie) Carolina Cubs moves from #9 to #8 ranking after having won the 10U Memorial Day Summer Slam. Thus far, they have won three 10U tournaments and also won the 9U North Carolina Super NIT held in mid April. They hold a 13-0 record against 9U teams to go along with an 20-8-2 record against quality 10U competition. We continue to look for this team to challenge for national titles as the summer season moves down the stretch.
9. Bullets / Titans (Tampa, FL) moves to #9 from #7. This is a very good team that has proven they can play with the best. But, they recently dropped 2 straight to the West Seminole Patriots in USSSA Florida State Championships. They were a strong Runner-up at the 9U Sunshine Super NIT after winning the May 7th 10U AA Sunshine State Super NIT. They also had a solid showing at the Florida Invitational taking #5 ranked GA Yard Dogs Black down to the wire before falling 11-9. In addition, they finished as the runner-up at the Gulf Shores (AL) Super NIT after losing a close 11-9 championship game against the PSA White Sox Red. This team holds an overall record of 42-13 including a 7-2 record against 10U teams.
10. PSA White Sox Red (Flowood, MS) holds onto #10. After going 6-0 and winning the Mid South Super NIT, they have shifted to 10U events and have gone 6-2 including a 4-0 run in a local 10AA tournament. up after their win this weekend at the Mid South Super NIT. They now have a 43-11 overall record this season. They now have 6 championship wins along with finishing as the runner-up two other major tournaments including the Atlanta Super NIT. This is another team that can compete for national titles down the stretch of the summer season.
11. East Cobb Longhorns (Marietta, GA) went 4-1 with a 3rd place finish this past weekend at the Georgia Triple Crown State. They recently went 4-0 in 10U play at East Cobb over the Memorial Day weekend. Thus far, they have established an impressive 55-7-1 overall record including a 14-3-1 record against quality 10U teams. This is a team that could hand out some upsets at summer national events.
12. The Show (San Diego, CA) is a very good team that has been ranked as high as the #6 ranking. Their current ranking reflects the fact that they have remained idle since winning the TCS Chelsea King Memorial held April 26th. The Show will return to play later in the Summer where they will compete in the Triple Crown World Series. Thus far in their 2010 season, the 9U Show has played in 7 tournaments, winning 5 while finishing as runner up in 1, and reaching the semi-finals in the other. They have already qualified for the Elite 32 with their Super NIT win in NoCAL. They continue to hold a 31-3 record in 9U tournament play.
13. Mudcats Baseball (Covington, TN) After a solid runner-up performance at the Mid-South Super NIT, the Mudcats had a 2-3 run in 10U play. But, they rebounded nicely and went 5-1 to win the 9U School’s Out Celebration at Snowden Grove this past weekend. They were also the runner at the Snowden SLAM (Southaven) dropping a 9-5 loss to TEAM Desoto (MS). The week prior, they won the “Best of the South NIT” while going 5-0. They now have built a 44-9 record including a 14-5 record versus 10U teams to go along with 7 tournament wins and two runner-up finishes.
14. Mac-N-Seitz Indians (Kansas City, MO) won the Illini Invitational this past weekend. They, also recently went 5-1 at the Kansas City Memorial Day Super NIT, losing a 5-4 squeaker in the semi-finals to the Oklahoma Naturals who went on to win the championship. They now have an overall record of 30-7 including an 11-4 record in 10U competition.
15. Oklahoma Naturals (Oklahoma City) got a late start, but now enters the top 20 after two straight Super NIT wins and a 27-5 overall record. They won the KC Super NIT over Memorial Day weekend.
16. NorCAL Titans (Modesto, CAN) moves from #19 ranking as they finished as the runner-up in the 10U TPS American Diamond Classic with both loses coming at the bats of solid 10U Majors teams. They recently went 5-0 winning the May 22nd NCTB May Madness. These Titans now have established a 33-8 record and continue to improve. They have recently 4 of 7 tournaments and have finished as the runner-up in their other 3 tournaments.
17. Wolverines Baseball (Chino Hills, CA) moves up after going 4-1 to win the Memorial Day Super NIT in West Covina, California. This is a team that plays a tough schedule against some of the top west coast teams. They have an overall record of 34-15-2 since January, 2010. But, several of their losses have come against top 25 teams.
18. Sandlott All-Stars (Tempe, AZ) continue to hold #18 ranking. They were runner-up at the 10U Arizonia Triple Crown Memorial Day Classic. They have two tournament wins and three runner-up finishes. Their won the Mother’s Day “Moms Run the Show” and the President’s Day Classic and were runner up at the May 15th 10U Open “Best of the West” NIT and the Arizona Spring Super NIT. They hold a 30-5 overall record including a 19-2 record versus 10U teams.
19. Virginia Thunder slips from #15 after finishing as VA State Runner-up to Loudon South Eagles during Memorial Day weekend. They have an overall record of 37-8 with 4 of these losses coming against a 10U teams and the other loss against the #8 ranked Carolina Cubs.
20. Traveling Eagles (Niceville, FLN) slips from #16 as they have remained idle since their May 8th win at the Tallahassee Super NIT. This is a deceptive team as two of the best 9U athletes often play up on the Eagles 10U team. When this team plays with a full deck of athletes, they are a dangerous – as their recent wins proves. They now have an overall record of 23-6.
17. Bay Bombers (Lynn Haven, FLN) also continue to remain idle after having finished as the runner-up at the Tallahassee Super NIT in early May. Previously, they had a 10-0 winning streak including the May 1st GSA World Series Qualifier and the April 16th Spring Fling. The Bombers now hold a 24-4 record against 9U teams.
21. Detroit Bees hold their ranking after going 4-0 to win the Columbus Super NIT held this past weekend. They hold an impressive overall record of 24-1 and six tournament wins.
22. Oakley Stingrays Black continue to hold at the #22 spot. They went 1-2 in the “Mash-4-Cash” special 1-day event this past weekend that matched #1 and #2 teams in the county. Their loses came at the bats of #1 ranked Oakley Stingrays Green and The Punishers (a solid team). In prior weeks, they went 5-0 and winning the “Bat Wars Classic” with wins over Chino Hills Storm and So CAL Diabolos and So CAL Outlaws. These wins come after a solid showing at the April Easter Classic where they finished as the runner-up in this event, losing a close 4-3 game in the finals against the #2 ranked Nomads Elite. This is a team that can beat many good teams on a given day.
23. East Cobb Yankees enter the top 25 at # after going 5-0 to win Triple Crown’s Georgia State Championship this past weekend edging past the Wills Park Warriors by an 8-7 margin. The Warriors had just pulled off a 12-10 surprise upset win over the Cobb Longhorns in the Semi-finals. The Yankees had recently won the Memorial Day East Cobb USSSA Qualifier.
24. Montgomery Crush (Montgomery, AL) move up #24 after winning the 10U Open Memorial Day “Heat is On IV” tournament. This marks the 4th straight 10U tournament in which they have competed. Thus far this season, they have won a total of three tournaments and hold an impressive 47-12 overall record with a record of 39-6 against 9U teams.
25. Legends (Pasadena, TX) move back into the top 25 after rebuilding from the losses of several key players. They finished 3rd this past weekend at the talent packed Governors XII Super NIT. Recently, they won the 10AA Monsters of May Slugfest NIT. They have an overall record of 32-8 with a record of 18-3 against 10U teams.
(Listed by STATE and TEAM in Alphabetical Order)
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 June 2010 10:44|