|TRAVELBALLSELECT 13U RANKINGS Update!|
1. Norwalk Stingrays (SoCal) – The Rays continue to pile up championship after championship, the latest in San Clement where they finished 5-0, posting two wins over TBS #8 Rawlings Black and running away with the championship game 14-0. The Rays have captured three Super NITs, two 14U tournaments, a USTSA title and multiple other championships. This team will be number one until somebody proves they can beat them more than once.
2. Meteors Baseball (FL) - The Meteors continue to roll in 2010 already having won over 95 games and multiple championships heading into the Florida Super NIT. They will be playing many 14U tournaments this season but will be tested in 13U at the Battle in the South by the Houston Sox , at the Michigan Elite by the Michigan Mudhens, and, finally, at the Elite 32 by the Stingrays.
3. Lamorinda Cougars (NorCal) - In 2009, the Cougars were a contender for the National Crown but could not get by the top ranked Rattlers in Super Series and TBS’s second ranked Stingrays in USSSA to get to the NYBC. History repeated itself early in 2010 as the Cougars were eliminated by the Stingrays at the Spring Championship Super NIT in late March. As in the past three years, they will be in the thick of things both in California and on the national scale. They have posted multiple wins so far this season over TABU and against 14U teams.
4. East Cobb Astros (GA) - Minor slump by Astros standards in recent tournaments. The quality of talent on this squad will make them a contender at Disney if they are peaking at that time. They earned the right to compete at Disney at the Atlanta Super NIT where they outlasted some of the Southeast’s best in the Georgia Roadrunners, New Orleans Monarchs, EC Shamrocks, Tennessee RBI Rangers, Home Plate Chilidogs, Georgia YardDogs and Mill Creek Hawks. The Astros will first take on some of the Nation’s finest at the Battle of the South in June as well as playing many 14U tournaments.
5. Michigan Mudhens (MI) – The Mudhens are a northern powerhouse that continues to impress. They have won two consecutive 14U tourneys including a win over the Motor City Hitdogs, a 13U Elite 32 participant in 2009. This team will travel to the Battle in the South, the Michigan Elite and the Cincinnati Flames Classic this season.
6. TABU (NorCal) – Still a force to be reckoned with in California and nationally but need to consistently get over the hump against Lamorinda in order to maintain its ranking. Squad returns the core of the team that has made them a national power for the past three years.
7. Impact BBC (CA) – This squad is off to a good start with a 2nd place finishes at the Arizona Super NIT and the MLK Super NIT, earning berth to Disney. A win over the Oakley Stingrays already this season shows that this is a team on the rise. This team battles the Stingrays and looks to be a contender for the top spot in SoCal.
8. Team Rawlings Black (SoCal) - Team Rawlings Black hit the National scene at the Elite 32 and played great baseball in California in 2009 with many of their losses coming to the TBS second ranked Stingrays but have broken that barrier already this season with wins not only over the Stingrays but also many other California powerhouse teams including NorCal Bombers, South Gate Democrats, Hard 90 Rally and Tomateros de California.
9. Georgia Roadrunners (GA) – This is a fast, athletic team that has continued to play well. They are already qualified for Disney at the Georgia Super NIT last fall and performed well at the Atlanta Super NIT where they were eliminated by the EC Astros in semi-final action. Suffered a few losses to top Georgia squads but this team will grow together as the season progresses and be ready for Orlando.
10. Houston Sox (TX) – The Houston Sox are considered by many to be the best 13U team in Houston followed very closely by the Houston Lightning and Team Rattlers. The Sox have already defeated each of these this season winning four of eight tournaments in Houston thus far. This team will primarily play 14U tourneys but will travel to the Battle in the South in June to take on some of the other top 13U teams. This is a well rounded squad with defense, hitting, pitching a good speed and will test the best of the best this season.
11. Louisiana Bayou Bandits (LA) - The Bandits have started strong and have posted a 48 wins in USSSA including a victory over the Louisiana Tigers winning the Shreveport Super NIT to earn a berth to Disney. The Bandits are lead by one of the country’s best pitchers in Stephen Bonnain. The Bandits will be tested by the Houston Sox at the Louisiana Super NIT.
12. Houston Lightning (TX) – The Lightning is off to a good start this season winning four of seven tournaments and chalking up 40 victories including numerous wins over 14U squads. They have already defeated the Houston Sox and TEAM Rattlers this season. The Lightning will be tested again this season in Cincinnati at the Flames Classic and in Florida at season’s end.
13. NorCAL Bombers (NorCAL) – Another powerhouse developing in California which has already qualified to make the trip to Orlando. This squad has one of the Nation’s top 13U pitchers in Quinn Connolly and a stellar hitting lineup. They have already posted wins this season over Team Rawlings (Cabernet), Hard 90 and the Young Guns in California play
14. Team Rattlers (TX) – 2009 National Champions. Last year’s NYBC have struggled early this season in the tough Houston baseball hotbed. They have suffered some major injuries and were without some other players during their early season tournaments but will still be a team to be reckoned with in on the national scene. They have chosen to play 80% of their schedule at the 14U level in order for their players entering high school next year to get experience on the bigger fields. This team is a traditionally slow starter that peaks come playoff time. Another recent loss to the Houston Sox causes this team to slip in the rankings.
15. Louisiana Tigers (LA) – Last season, the Tigers battled to a 9th place finish at the Elite 32 and is a team on the rise. Their only losses were to the Stingrays and Rawlings Elite. They are already headed back to Disney in 2010 by virtue of their Super NIT victory in Alabama. Top pitchers in Kunert and Rider will take this team far on Sundays. Recently have shown vulnerability in both the North and South Texas Super NITs.
16. Vaqueros de Puerto Rico (PR) – Based upon 2009 and their World Series title and trip to NYBC, a team that must be reckoned with. TBS has difficult time in measuring the quality of competition in PR, and obtaining results for Vaqueros and this alone may cause this team to slip as season progresses.
17. Tennessee RBI Rangers (TN) - A new team that moves up in the rankings due to strong early season play including a hard fought 2nd place finish at the Atlanta Super NIT where they fell to the EC Astros. The posted victories over the Georgia Roadrunners, Home Plate Chilidogs, Georgia YardDogs and Mill Creek Hawks to earn their way to the final. They have won three of their last four tournaments with their only USSSA losses coming to the Astros and Tornados.
18. Westchester Sluggers (OH) – Recent loss to a local Cinci team causes this squad to fall a little in the rankings. Fighting the injury bug at the moment but this team will rebound. This team won the AAYBA World Series in 2009 and finished 2nd at the CABA World Series as well. The team was a staple at Disney until deciding to pursue other venues. They will be tested by some of the best at the Cincinnati Flames Classic in July.
19. Inside KC Sports Blues (KS) – A perennial winner out of KC. Playing well against 14U competition but played in a recent 13U tourney and suffered a loss to the Arkansas Dairy Queen Express (no slouch of a team as they have been recognized by TBS Rankings - Honorable Mentioned). Finished tied for 17th at the Elite in 2009. This team has two of the top pitchers in the nation and is a formidable threat to win any weekend.
20. The Future (IL) – Made a strong showing at Cooperstown in 2009 losing to the Houston Sox. This is a very solid team with very good pitching and will be playing some big tournaments this season. Departure of some players and acquisition of others will determine how high up this team can climb in the rankings. They will have a chance to identify themselves in June when they play at the Battle of the South (TN) and Super NIT (MI).
21. Beaver Valley Red (PA) – BVR added an ace pitcher and number 3 hitter to a team that finished their 12U season with a 56 wins and only 6 losses. Currently, their record is 20 wins and only 1 loss and won the TN SUPER NIT. Only loss of the season was to the West Chester Sluggers. This team is known as a hitting team that reminds many of a previous BVR team that won the 2005 National Championship with the help of Jim Leyland and his grandson.
22. Illinois Bruins (IL) – Recently this team to break into the rankings as the Bruins won the prestigious Queen City Classic outlasting a number of nationally ranked teams including the Westchester Sluggers and The Future plus the likes of the Cincinnati Flames, Ohio Elite, Ohio Diamondhawks and the strong St. Joe’s Rage. Followed that up with a tourney victory in Illinois including two wins over a formidable Lids Indiana Bulls squad. This weekend they test their metal against some Southeast powers in Southaven.
23. Armour Baseball (CO) – Great 2009 season as Colorado’s best and no reason to doubt a repeat in 2010. Now starting to get it going and recently dominated the May Day tourney in Colorado.
24. Tennessee Tornados (TN) – New to top 25. Recently swept through the Mother’s Day Race for the Cure tourney in Knoxville. Will battle Roadrunners and Mill Creek Hawks May 14-15.
25. Shamrock Baseball (GA) – Mixed early season results thus far in 2010 but this is a formidable club. Have beaten EC Astros and the Roadrunners. Team is recently slumping including two losses in Astros Invitational.
New Orleans Monarchs (LA) – This team is not afraid to play the best and it must travel to do so. This team has speed and power. They will try to qualify for Disney once again at the Super NIT in Lake Charles in early June. They have won two of their last three tournaments including the Mother’s Day Classic in Louisiana.
13U Maryland Baseball Academy - With wins against Beaver Valley Red and Tri-State Arsenal and the recent win at the Maryland SNIT, it would be no surprise to see this team make a move up the rankings as the season goes along.
|Last Updated on Friday, 21 May 2010 10:26|