|12U TravelBallSelect National Rankings - Tomateros son el número uno|
1. (2) Tomateros de California (Paramount, CA) – The Tomateros went 9-0 at the 12U USSSA Elite 32 to prove themselves to be the #1 team in the country, don’t look for these guys to drop a spot anytime soon they are extremely talented.
2. (17) San Diego Show (San Diego, California)- The San Diego Show finished runner up to the #1 Tomateros again, but had an extremely good showing at the Elite 32 to bring themselves inside the top five. This is a really big and really talented team, they went 7-1-1 in Orlando, a dominant performance.
3. (3) Leon Medical Centers Baseball (Miami, FL) - Leon Medical Centers are still pushing to be #1 they are carrying an overall 67-3 record right now and recently won the Miramar Canes World Series undefeated. Look out for these guys over the end of the summer.
4. (10) MBA Pride (Port Orange, FL) – Juan Hillman and the MBA Pride again proved themselves as a top 10 team at the Elite 32. The Pride went 7-2 and finished 5th with big victories over the #6 Monarchs and one over the #7 Mac-N-Seitz Indians.
5. (12) Tanel 360 Voodoo (Louisiana) – Despite a few tough losses before the Elite 32 the VooDoo came up with a 3rd place finish in Orlando to prove that they are a top 5 quality team. They had big wins over the former #1 Monarchs and the #14 GBC Acceleration.
6. (1) Lamorinda Monarchs (Moraga, CA) - The Monarchs added the AAU 12 and Under National Championship to their accolades by defeating several top ranked teams but they did not follow up their performance at the USSSA they went 5-3 to finish at a tie for 9th. The Monarchs will represent AAU in Memphis at the NYBC next month.
7. (UR) Mac-N-Seitz Indians (Leawood, Kansas) – The Indians had a big weekend at the Elite 32 they beat the #6 MBA Pride twice, but fell to the #2 San Diego Show in the semi-finals. They successfully proved that they should be a ranked team though, look for these guys to continue to climb after this big jump.
8. (23) Detroit Bees (Detroit, Michigan) – The Bees continue to make a buzz for themselves they finished tied for 5th in the Elite 32. These guys can really play ball, look out for them to continue to creep up in the rankings.
9. (16) Nitro Baseball (Ocala, FL) - After dominating the Florida State Championship, the Nitro had a big showing that the Elite 32. They defeated the #12 Las Vegas Warriors, tied the #2 San Diego Show, and lost a contest with the #1 Tomateros. The Nitro proved that they can compete with top notched competition, and deserve to be in the top 10.
10. (19) Banditos Black (Tomball, TX) – The Banditos won the NABF World Classic and punched the ticket to the NYBC in Memphis next month by defeating #2 Chet Lemon's Juice in the championship. This team is really big and loaded with power.
11. (4) Chet Lemon's Juice (Orlando, FL) – The Juice are still in the hunt for being on top at the end of the summer. They had a 3rd place finish at the AAU Nationals in the semi's and 2nd place finish at the NABF World Classic losing to the Banditos in the championship. Headed out west to Texas for the Super 16 hoping for a return trip to the NYBC next month. This team needs a win at a major event to move back into the top 5.
12. (9) Texas Tri City Dust Devils (San Antonio, TX)- The Dust Devils have continued their success. Recently they went to the Governors Games going 6-0 defeating the Tanel Voodoo, Banditos White, and the Lafayette Drillers.
13. (14) Las Vegas Warriors Red (Las Vegas, NV) - The Warriors finished 9th at Elite 32 World Series. The Warriors went 5-3 with a big win over the #17 Oklahoma Elite. This is a high caliber team that is undoubtedly capable of upsetting top ranked teams.
15. (20) D1 Elite (West Boynton Beach, FL) – D1 Elite notched up five spots in the rankings, after successful knocking off the Dallas Royals, Georgia Roadrunners and former # 6 GBC Acceleration at the Elite 32. D1 lost a battle against #13 Detroit Bees to be eliminated. This team will continue to rise with solid play.
16. (5) Dallas Patriots (Dallas, TX) – The Dallas Patriots are still hanging around in the top 10, they have racked up a couple of recent wins over #9 Tri-City Dust Devils.
17. (6) GBC Acceleration (Greensboro, NC) - The Acceleration are still looking strong, they came up with a solid 5-2 performance at the Elite 32. They were eliminated by #12 D-1 Elite in a close 3-1 game.
18. (8) Oklahoma Elite (Edmond, OK) – Oklahoma Elite didn’t play their best at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports. They went 4-3 and finished in a tie for 13th to drop them 8 spots in the rankings.
19. (9) East Cobb Astros – (Atlanta, GA) – The Astros didn’t perform very well at the Elite 32 this past weekend in Orlando. They dropped three games, including an elimination game that went to 12 innings against the #25 Goose’s Gamers. The Astros have been plagued with injury and will rebound quickly.
20. (11) California Dynamite (Glendora, CA) – The Dynamite had an impressive showing in the AAU National Championship, they made it to the semi-finals and finished third after being eliminated in a close game by Twelve Team Rawlings. We would like to see this team compete at more national caliber events. Strength of schedule is the only weakness on this team.
21. (13) Tampa Crush (Tampa, FL) - The Crush are one of the most respected organizations in the state of Florida. You can’t overlook this club, they have faced off with several top notch teams in a very competitive Florida region this summer. The Crush had an impressive showing making it to the championship game in Cooperstown during week 5. The Tampa Crush are headed out west to the Super Series Super 16 next week and will have a chance to move up in the rankings with a good showing.
22. (15) Texas Nationals (Woodlands, TX) - The Nationals finished the extremely competitive Rooly Texas League with a 7-5 record. The Nationals also went 4-1 in the Nations Baseball Texas Invitational, losing in the quarterfinals. The Nationals look like they are putting everything together at the right time and have the capability to compete with the best. The Nationals are gearing up for the Super 16 next week.
23. (18) Arizona Revolution (Arizona) – The Revolution played a great tournament in the Best of the West but lost a couple of games by large margins to drop them down in the rankings, but they are still a threat for the rest of the summer.
24. (NR) Goose’s Gamers (Wallington, CT) – The Gamers had a respectable performance in the Elite 32, they went 4-4 but defeated a couple of ranked teams including the East Cobb Astros and the Oklahoma Elite. These victories were enough to bump them into the top 25.
25. (NR) Georgia Road Runners (Alpharetta, GA) – The Georgia Road Runners climbed their way into the nation’s top 25 with a decent showing amongst top level talent at the Elite 32. The Road Runners went 3-3. They lost a hard fought ball game 5-4 to the #5 Tanel 360 Voodoo and put up a commanding defeat over the #7 Mac-N-Seitz Indians.
|Last Updated on Sunday, 29 August 2010 08:30|