|TravelBallSelect 12U National Rankings - A new king, or should we say Monarch|
1. (7) Lamorinda Monarchs (Moraga, CA) - The Monarchs added the AAU 12 and Under National Championship to their accolades, they went 6-1 in Orlando, only falling to #10 MBA Pride. They had big wins over the #4 Chet’s Lemon Juice and #7 Twelve Team Rawlings.
2. (1) Tomateros de California (Paramount, CA) – The former #1 Tomateros are still playing great ball since their Memorial Day victory at the So Cal State Championship. They are preparing for the Elite 32, and should make a good run at the title.
3. (3) Leon Medical Centers Baseball (Miami, FL) - Leon Medical Centers are still pushing to be #1 they are carrying an overall 67-3 record right now and recently won the Miramar Canes World Series undefeated. LMC will not be playing at the Elite 32.
4. (2) Chet’s Lemon Juice (Orlando, FL) – The Juice are still in the hunt for being on top at the end of the summer, but they dropped a spot after falling to the #11 California Dynamite in the quarterfinals of the AAU National Championship.
5. (5) Dallas Patriots (Dallas, TX) – The Dallas Patriots are holding their ground in the top 5, they have racked up a couple of recent wins over #9 Tri-City Dust Devils.
6. (4) GBC Acceleration (Greensboro, NC) - The Acceleration are still looking strong, and will definitely be a contender in the Elite 32 at the ESPN Wide World of Sports.
7. (13) Twelve Team Rawlings (College Station, TX) - Twelve made a big jump in the rankings after an impressive showing at Disney in the AAU National Championship. They collected key wins over #10 MBA Pride and #11 California Dynamite.
8. (8) Oklahoma Elite (Edmond, OK) – Oklahoma Elite continue to put up results, they went undefeated in the Global State championship In Oklahoma. They will definitely be in contention at the end of the summer.
9. TIE (11) East Cobb Astros (Atlanta, GA) – The Astros won their way into the top 10, they had an impressive 15-1 record during late May and early June including their undefeated victory at the Georgia Open State Championship. They have seemed to put it all together going into the home stretch in July, don’t be surprised to see these guys going deep in the Elite 32.
9. (10)Texas Tri City Dust Devils (San Antonio, TX)- The Dust Devils have continued their success. Recently they went to the Governors Games going 6-0 defeating the Travel Voodoo, Banditos White, and the Lafayette Drillers.
10. (12) MBA Pride (Port Orange, FL) - The AAU National Championship allowed the Pride to prove themselves as a top 10 team. They were eliminated in the quarter finals by #7 Twelve Team Rawlings, but premier player Juan Hillman and the Pride are still a force to be reckoned with for the rest of the summer.
11. (9) California Dynamite (Glendora, CA) – The Dynamite also had an impressive showing in the AAU National Championship, they made it to the semi-finals and finished third after being eliminated in a close game by #4 Chet’s Lemon Juice.
12. (6) Tanel 360 Voodoo (Louisiana) – The Voodoo fell in the Louisiana State Championship to an unranked foe, but they still have the firepower it takes to compete. Look for them to creep back up into the top 10 late in the summer.
13. (15) Tampa Crush (Tampa, FL) - The Crush are one of the most respected organizations in the state of Florida. The Crush have put out a winning team every weekend. You can’t overlook this club, they have faced off with several top notch teams in a very competitive Florida region this summer, and are prepared for the late summer showdowns.
14. (14) Las Vegas Warriors Red (Las Vegas, NV) - The Warriors finished 3rd at the Triple Crown Sports SoCal State Championships. The Warriors were put out by the #17 San Diego Show in the semis. This is a high caliber team that is undoubtedly capable of upsetting top ranked teams.
15. (16) Texas Nationals (Woodlands, TX) - The Nationals finished the extremely competitive Rooly Texas League with a 7-5 record. The Nationals also went 4-2 in the Baseball of America Super Series tournament in Round Rock, Texas. The Nationals took a game from #7 Twelve Team Rawlings.
16. (18) Nitro Baseball (Ocala, FL) - Nitro Baseball have kept themselves inside the top 20 by playing outstanding baseball. They recently dominated the Florida Global State Championship.
17. (19) San Diego Show (San Diego, California)- The Show won the Spring Championships Super NIT earlier this year and finished runner-up to the No. 2 ranked Tomateros de CA in the Finals of the SoCal State Championship. The Show have what it takes to beat any team in California.
18. (17) Arizona Revolution (Arizona) – The Revolution dropped one spot in the ranking to 18th, they played a great tournament in the Best of the West but lost a couple of games by large margins to drop them down in the rankings, but they are still a threat for the rest of the summer.
19. (20) Banditos Black (Tomball, TX) – The Banditos went 3-3 in the Nations Baseball Texas Invitational before losing in the Semi Finals to the eventual Champions, Tri-City Dust Devils. The Banditos are playing in more tournaments and other teams should be weary. Banditos won the NABF World Classic in which several ranked teams played including defeating #4 Chet Lemon's Juice in the championship.
20. (21) D1 Elite (West Boynton Beach, FL) – D1 Elite notched up one spot in the rankings, after successful play at the PPO Bengal’s Summer Bash. They went 3-1 and barely lost the championship game. Elite has faced off with some big competition including #3 Leon Medical Centers, #10 MBA Pride, and #22 West Pines Nike Cobras. Look for their experience versus good opponents to help them for the rest of the summer.
21. (NR) Beyel Brothers Bulldogs (Rockledge, FL) – The Beyel Brothers Bulldogs moved into the top 25 by sweeping the Tallahassee Super N.I.T. Look for these guys to pose a threat in late July and Early August.
22. (25) West Pines Nike Cobras (Pembroke Pines, FL) – The Cobras moved up three spots thanks to a third place finish as the Miramar Canes World Series. They went 5-1, only losing to runner-up the Margate Titans who fell short to #3 Leon Medical Centers.
23. (24) Detroit Bees (Detroit, Michigan) – The Bees are beginning to make a buzz for themselves they won the Michigan Open State Championship and the Michigan Major Elite N.I.T. with a combined 12-1 record at the tournaments. These guys can really play ball, look out for them to continue to creep up in the rankings.
24. (22) Miami Playmakers (Miami, FL) - The Playmakers continue to put things together this summer. Lookout for this team, they have a legitimate chance to climb the rankings before this season is over with.
25. (23) Dallas Royals (Dallas, Texas) - The Royals big Memorial Day victory over #8 Oklahoma Elite keeps them inside the top 25 despite their 1-2 showing at the Parks at Texas Star N.I.T. Do not count these guys out though, they have taken down big opponents and proven themselves capable of competing with powerhouses.
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 July 2010 22:41|