|12U Top 20 National Ranking 2010|
1. Tomateros de California (Paramount, CA) - The Tomateros is one of two teams in the top 10 rankings that have already qualified for the Elite 32 World Series with a Thanksgiving Super NIT Championship. The Tomateros are the cream of the crop at this age group. The Tomateros added Steven Nuno, a solid left-handed pitcher and Matthew Green who will add to their catching depth. This team started #1 last year and kept that ranking all year long, the Tomateros plan to stay #1 in the 2010 season.
3. Leon Medical Centers Baseball (Miami, Florida) - The Leon Medical Centers team has been very busy this season compiling a 43-2-1 record so far. This team has take home countless championships so far including the USSSA Fall National Championship, the Thanksgiving Shoot-Out NIT, the Cobras Heart Breaker Invitational and a joint championship with the Juice at the USSSA NIT New Years Bash in Miami. The Leon team added a few great players to their already stacked lineup including Brandon Chinea, Evan Klugerman and Jordan Ibarra. This Leon team is loaded and ready to make a run at the #1 ranking in 2010.
4. Dallas Patriots (Richardson, TX) - The Patriots are off to a great start in 2010 with big wins over the Texas Nationals, Texas Outlaws and D-Bat Mustangs thus far. The Patriots have added some key players to a team that finished #5 in the 2009 final rankings. The key additions are outfielder Zack Farrar, right-handed pitcher/catcher Bailey Bennett and left-handed pitcher/outfielder Blake Frasier. The Patriots hope to make a claim for the top team in Texas after all is said and done in 2010.
5. Chet Lemon's Juice (Orlando, FL) - The Chet Lemon's Juice may be the most improved team in the top 10 with a 45-3-3 ranking so far this year the Juice are headed for a big 2010 season. The Juice won the Florida Winter State Championship and a joint Championship at the USSSA NIT New Years Bash tournament in Miami. The Juice have added a huge right-handed power arm in Austin Bergner and a sold middle infielder in Brandon Suarez. The Juice have their sights set high in 2010.
6. GBC Team Acceleration (Greensboro, NC) - The GBC baseball team have already qualified for the Elite 32 World Series by winning the East Coast Fall Super NIT. The GBC team picked up another championship at the Southeast Regional NIT. The GBC baseball team has been one of the most consistent teams over the past three years, this year they added to their great talent with Steven Oakley and Edward Reese. This year's GBC team should be ready to make a jump to the top spot in the rankings.
7. Lamorinda Monarchs (Moraga, CA) - The Monarchs have recorded a 31-6 record so far with 4 tournament Championships including the USTBA Tracy Opener, the USSSA Twin Creeks Triple Threat and the Nations Manteca tournament. The Monarchs finished 3rd in the SoCal Thanksgiving SUper NIT and 2nd in the AZ Winter Super NIT. The Monarchs have added to their stacked lineup with 2009 TBS All-American Nico Hoerner, Austin Garcia, Isaiah Berry, Dylan Yasutake and Quinn Cambra. The Monarchs are looking to climb the rankings in 2010.
8. Tampa Crush (Tampa, FL) - The Tampa Crush have compiled a 26-4 record so far this season and can easily be the most improved team in the top 10. The Crush have two 2nd place finishes at the Thanksgiving Super NIT and the Cobras Heart Breaker Invitational as well as a championship at the Winter World Championship in Florida. Two of the Crush' losses have come at the hands of the #3 ranked Leon Medical Centers team. The Crush are excited about what's to come for them in the 2010 season.
9. Texas Nationals Team (Woodlands, TX) - The Texas Nationals team will look to build upon their great year last year and become a mainstay in the top 10 for 2010. Behind TBS All-Americans Shane Lawless and Garrett Woolforth this team can go as far as they want. Two weekends ago this team took down the #10 ranked Oklahoma Elite. A great start to the season, the Texas Nationals season looks bright for 2010.
10. Oklahoma Elite (Edmond, OK) - The Oklahoma Elite climbed four spots from last year's final ranking of #14. The Elite have one of the best pitching staff's in the country with Will Bertolino, Shelby Sherril, Keone Givens and Kellen Manek. This team should shutout a ton of good teams throughout the country in 2010. The Elite hope to improve all season and see where the chips fall at the end of the year.
11. California Dynamite (Glendora, CA) – One of the most improved teams in the country from a year ago as semi-finalists in the Elite 32 World Series. The Dynamite have added the two best player’s from the OC Smash to this already talented lineup. The Dynamite took down the #7 ranked Lamorinda Monarchs in the championship game of the Presidents Day AAU Qualifier earlier this year.
12. Miami Playmakers (Miami, Florida) - The Playmakers have dropped a few spots in the rankings due to some inconsistent play. The Playmakers won the USSSA Wood Bat World Series early in the season but lost 3 out of 4 games at the Cobras Heartbreaker Invitational. This team still has the pitching and offense to compete with anyone in the country.
13. West Pines Nike Cobras (Pembroke Pines, Florida) – The Nike Cobras have a 25-11 record so far this year. The Cobras won the Weston Hawks NIT in January. This team is very well coached and should be in the talks of the best team in Florida at the end of the year.
14. East Cobb Astros (Marietta, Georgia) – The East Cobb Astros have started off the year the same as they did last year, with a bang. The Astros won the Forsyth County Slugfest NIT and then went on to win the Atlanta Super NIT this past weekend. The Astros beat the #15 MBA Pride in the semi-finals. This team is hitting on all cylinders and should be a contender at the Elite 32.
15. MBA Pride (Port Orange, Florida) – This team has come out of nowhere to become one of the best teams in the country. Their record so far this year is 40-11 including a championship at the Thanksgiving Super NIT, already earning a berth to the Elite 32. This team has one of the top pitching staff’s in the country and should be contending for the number one team in the state before the season is over.
16. Banditos Black (Tomball, Texas) – The Banditos organization knows how to win and this year’s Banditos Black edition should be no different. The Banditos will make another run at the Elite 32 World Series with hopes of doing better this year.
17. Tri-City Dust Devils (Longview, Texas) - The Dust Devils are currently 6-2 in a very tough Texas league consisting of #2 Twelve Rawlings, #4 Dallas Patriots, #9 Texas Nationals and #10 Oklahoma Elite. This team is one to reckon with and will make a bid for the top team in Texas.
18. Armour Baseball (Denver, Colorado) – The Armour team is 7-0 on the young season with two championships in the Greeley MarchMadness and Dakota Ridge MarchMadness tournaments. This Armour team is loaded and looking to gain ground in the rankings.
19. Arizona Revolution (Arizona) – The Revolution climb into the top 20 by way of a 20-9 record including a championship at the Winter Nationals Super NIT held in Arizona in late December. The Revolution can do it all and will be looking to climb to the top of the rankings in 2010.
20. Stixx Baseball (Albany, Georgia) – The Stixx have one of the best offense’s in the southeast region of the country. The Stixx picked up a huge tournament win at the Combat NIT with a win over the #15 ranked MBA Pride and a 5th place finish at the tough Atlanta Super NIT.
|Last Updated on Monday, 22 March 2010 14:28|