|TravelBallSelect 12U POST Season National Rankings|
1. Team Rattlers (TX)– This team started slowly this season and finally broke into the top 25 in the final summer rankings. They earned the right to call themselves National Champions with their performances since the beginning of June. They won in Cooperstown Week 4, at the Super Series Regional, the Super Series World Series and finally the National Youth Baseball Championships. Along the way they beat the likes of the Virginia Storm, TABU, Lamorinda, Houston Lightning, RBA Seahawks, and the Norwalk Stingrays.
2. Norwalk Stingrays (CA)– The Rays were the top ranked regular season team winning 3 Super NITs and a 13U SoCal Super Series and did not disappoint in the post season as they won the USSSA State Championship, the Elite 32 and fell only to post season national champion Rattlers at the National Youth Baseball Championships, not advancing on the tie breakers despite a 2-1 record. This team was remarkable all season and sans one victory, would have repeated as TBS National Champions. They proved that you must “Fear the Snake.”
3. Lamorinda Cougars (CA)- The Cougars were truly a contender for the National Crown but could not get by the number 1 and 2 to get to the NYBC. The Cougs lost to Norwalk at Disney and to the Houston Lightning and Rattlers in Dallas or they may have made a run in Memphis. They had big wins this season over the same Lightning and Rattlers squads in Dallas as well as TABU, the Santa Clarita Redhawks and the tough Chiefs Baseball out of Georgia at Cooperstown in Week 1.
4. Vaqueros de Puerto Rico (PR)– The Vaqueros were the best squad that nobody had heard of. They earned this ranking and the respect of many in their performances against the East Cobb Shamrocks Baseball in the AABC World Series and again at the NYBC with their 3-2 victory over the eventual champion Rattlers. TBS looks forward to covering this squad more closely in 2010.
5. Shamrock Baseball (GA)– A second place finish at the AABC World Series in Puerto Rico where they were beaten by the Vaqueros in the final. Numerous tournament championships, including the Georgia USSSA State Championship and the prestigious Tournament of Champions with a field of 16 TBS ranked or honorable mention teams vaults this Georgia powerhouse to the top five. This team is a big power laden and strong armed team that would give all those ranked above them a run for the money.
6. TABU (CA)– Won a California Super NIT and placed 2nd at the Western Elite where several of California’s finest attended. Finished 2nd at Cooperstown to a walk off HR by powerful Team Rattlers in Week 3, a tournament which featured many TBS ranked teams including Cinci Flames, Charlotte Megastars , Virginia Storm, East Cobb Astros, East Cobb Yankees and Simi Valley Predators.
7. Arizona Desert Blaze (AZ)- This team won over 60 games this season and vaults to the number 6 spot due to their 2nd place finish at the Elite 32. Many setbacks this season were to ranked teams the like of Lamorinda and Norwalk.
8. East Cobb Astros (GA)- The Astros battled injuries all year along with losing one of their best players due to a family move to Texas. This perennial Georgia powerhouse got back on track based upon their 3rd place finish at the TOC and a 3rd at Cooperstown. The team lost only to the Houston Lightning and Dynasty Elite at the TOC and won six consecutive elimination games in bracket play before running out of steam against Dynasty Elite. Made a run at Cooperstown Week 4 before being eliminated in the semi-finals vs. TABU.
9. Houston Lightning (TX)– The Lightning played strong all season winning the season series from the post season National Champ Rattlers and Houston area rivals Houston Sox, Gladiator Baseball, and American Avengers , all Cooperstown Dreams Parks champions in 2009. The Lightning also made a good showing at the Tournament of Champions with wins over the TBS ranked East Cobb Astros, Home Plate Chilidogs, Virginia Storm and HM Cinci Flames. Post season included Championships at the Nation’s Baseball Texas State Tournament, the Myrtle Beach Surf’s Up Tournament and a 3rd place finish at the Super Series World Series where they split games with Lamorinda while losing to eventual champion Rattlers.
10. Tri-State Arsenal (NJ)– This team rolled through the field at Cooperstown in the NATC. Filled with pitching and power hitting, this team could be a contender in the future if the team of All-Star caliber players were to stay together.
11. Chiefs Baseball (GA) – This team did not play up to their potential in East Cobb’s Tournament of Champions, however, the team rebounded to finish second to LaMorinda at Cooperstown in Week 2.
12. Team Rawlings #Elite (CA)- Team Rawlings Elite jumps to the #12 slot after a solid finish at the Elite 32 where they defeated TBS ranked teams Diamondbacks, Louisiana Tigers, Meteors Baseball and Florida Fire. Played great baseball in California with many of their loses coming to the # 2 Stingrays.
13. Houston Sox (TX)– Talented team which won the season series from NYBC champion Rattlers. Won four of last five tournaments, dropping only the Nations State Tourney to the Houston Lightning while sweeping through their post season tournament at Cooperstown in Week 5, hitting over 40 homeruns in the process.
14. Team Anderson (CA)– This squad played a tough regular season schedule in SoCal and it paid off. They stormed to a 5th place finish at both the Elite 32 and Cooperstown Week 5.
15. Virginia Storm (VA)– played well at Tournament of Champions in East Cobb and at Cooperstown Week 4 where they were eliminated by eventual champion Team Rattlers. Battled to a 9th place finish at the Elite 32. Very good defensive team.
16. Armour Baseball (CO)- Armour Baseball is back near the top after a great start to the 09 season. This team started red hot, winning their 1st 4 tournaments before stepping up to play in the 13u age group. Since then, they dropped back to 12U and won two more tournaments including the Memorial Day Super NIT in Kansas City. In that tournament, they defeated TBS Honorable Mention teams Dairy Queen Busters and, in a spectacular championship game, shutout Inside KC Sports 1-0.
17. Dynasty Elite (FL)– Second place finish at the Tournament of Champions proved this team was for real. Posted victories over Chiefs, Houston Lightning and East Cobb Astros during their run in the tournament. Superb defense and timely hitting team with an up tempo style of play. Finished post season tournaments 5th at Cooperstown in Week 6 and 2nd at the World Baseball Championships in Miami. One of many fine teams from South Florida which include the South Florida Sting and Tamiami Outlaws.
18. Diamondback Baseball (FL)- This team was impressive early season and sport wins over TBS ranked East Cobb Astros, Florida Fire, Meteors, N.O. Monarchs, Chiefs and Home Plate Chilidogs. Finished in 9th place at the Elite 32.
19. Macomb Mudhens (MI)– The Mudhens won close to 75 games this season while losing less than 10. Top line pitching and offensive firepower have propelled the Hens into one of the nation’s top teams. This team was expected to go deeper into the tournaments at the Elite (9th place finish) and at Cooperstown (19th), where the team was without a number of starters, but this team continues to improve and will be a force to be reckoned with in 2010.
20. Bullets Gold (FL) – AAU Champions.
21. Home Plate Chilidogs (GA)– Finished as runner-up at the AAU World Series losing twice to eventual champion Bullets Gold. 4th place finish at tough East Cobb Tournament of Champions. A few big wins this season including those over the EC Shamrocks and Houston Lightning. This team has made great strides to becoming a top national team.
22. New Orleans Monarchs (LA)- The Monarchs started out the season with 5 straight championships and battled to a 5th place finish at the Elite 32. Big wins this season over Houston Lightning, TEAM Rattlers and LA. Tigers got them to Disney. Additional high finishes at Atlanta and Mississippi Super NITs and a first place finish at the ASP Super NIT in Florida shows this team wants to play the best.
23. Louisiana Tigers (LA)- Five tournament Championships to start the season. Played in some top tournaments in Houston, Dallas and Mississippi and Louisiana. Battled to a 9th place finish at the Elite 32.
24. Meteors Baseball (FL)- The Meteors started hot this season with some big victories over top teams. Finished sixth place finish at AAU World Series and 13th at the Elite 32. Hit 43 homeruns at Cooperstown in Week 1 losing in final to Tamiami Outlaws, a TBS honorable mention.
25. (tie) The Future (IL)– Made a good run at Cooperstown in Week 5 losing to the Houston Sox. This is a very solid team with very good pitching. Continue to win in the North. Look for this team to break out on the National scale next season.
25. (tie) Inside KC Sports Blues (KS)– A perennial winner out of KC that had 5 tourney wins and 6 runner-up finishes in USSSA play. Finished tied for 17th at the Elite.
Florida Fire (FL) – Despite losses over the winter, this team rebuilt itself participated at the highest level. Fell short at Cooperstown in Week 4 where they were eliminated by TABU and at the Elite 32 where they finished tied for 17th.
Tides Baseball Club (CA)- Won week 7 at Cooperstown
So Cal Thunder (CA)- Cooperstown Week 12 NATC Runner-Up
|Last Updated on Monday, 07 December 2009 13:10|