|2010 Preseason 10U Rankings Top 25 and HM Updated!|
1) Legends (FL) – New name, but the former Mizuno Glory starts 2010 where they left off in 2009…….ranked #1. This team will get everyone’s best as everyone loves to be the team to knock off a #1 team. The losses will be few in 2010 for this team.
2) Charlotte Megastars (NC) – The Elite 32 champs will start the year in the #2 slot but based on their schedule, we believe it will be tough for them to remain there. They have the toughest schedule that we have seen so far at this age group so don’t be fooled if the record has a few blemishes on it during the season.
3) So Cal Outlaws (CA) – You will see a lot of California and Florida teams in the pre-season rankings because the western and southern teams get to start their season earlier than the northern teams, but we give the Outlaws a slight edge for now.
4) Motor City Hitdogs (MI) – When the MSA Black program folded, the core of the kids went to the Hitdogs instantly making this team a national contender. Their schedule includes many Super NIT’s, Battle in the South, Michigan Major Elite, Cooperstown and hopefully a trip to Orlando in July.
5) Banditos Black (TX) – This team will spend most of the season playing up in the 11u age group, but rest assured, they will be in Orlando in July to add to the impressive Bandito national championship total.
6) Miami Brawlers (FL) – Florida is rich in 10U baseball talent this year and the Brawlers are looking to step to the forefront for southern supremacy……but standing in the way is TBS #1 Legends.
7) Cincy Flames (OH) – Another top 10 team with a loaded schedule. The 2009 CABA champs will play in Cooperstown, Michigan Major Elite, Battle in the South and the Flames Classic.
8) Team Phenom (CA) – Won two Super NIT’s already and is planning to play in Disney in July. Would love to see what this team can do on a national level….stay tuned.
9) GP Horns (TX) – We will finally get to see this team more in 2010 as they will look to increase their travel plans with trips to Michigan, Tennessee, California and Florida.
10) Dairy Queen Crushers (AR) – This team feels it has a score to settle after an early exit from the Elite last year. Look for the Crushers to compete for a national title in 2010.
11) East Cobb Braves (GA) – Just won the Atlanta Super NIT by defeating TBS #2 Charlotte Megastars. They averaged an amazing 12.5 runs per game in Atlanta.
12) Carolina Grasshoppers (NC) – Have gotten off to a strong start in 2010. They started off 9-0 in the fall and are 3-0 this spring with seven of those wins being at 11U.
13) Florida Pokers (FL) – This team is always a threat to win where ever they go. If they are able to add some depth to the pitching staff, this team will contend for a national title.
14) Cal Lumberjacks (CA) – The Lumberjacks are 15-6 in arguably the toughest area for youth baseball, Southern California. Five of the six losses have come against TBS #3 Outlaws and TBS #8 Phenom.
15) Az Blaze (AR) – Most of the attention in the West goes to California teams but the Blaze should be on everyone’s radar.
16) Germantown Giants (TN) – Top team in TN is off to a good start with two second place finishes and Global qualifier championship this past weekend.
17) Mid South Ducks (OK) – Looking to obtain another trip to the land of Mickey. Will kick off their season later this month.
18) Piranaz (FL) – The fourth Florida team in the top 20, with a 24-7 in class record. Four of those losses have come against TBS #6 Miami Brawlers.
19) Houston Wranglers (TX) – Looking to build on a good showing at the Elite 32 last year. Won their only event in 2010 so far, Nations Premier Gearin Up 10U.
20) High Heat Kings (NY) – A rare east coast team appears in the top 20. The Kings will hit the national scene in 2011 with trips to Cooperstown Dreams Park and to the Michigan Major Elite.
21) Bayou Sluggers (LA) – Went 3-4 at the Elite in 2009. Coach Tabb now knows what it takes to get to the top. Look for big things from this team in 2010.
22) Plainfield Tornadoes (IL) – Don’t take this team from the north lightly. They will surprise a few teams in 2010.
23) Quad City Heat (IA) – Look for this team to move up the rankings quickly. They kick off their season this week.
24) Strikeforce (TX) – The Elite 32 runner-up’s have a lot of questions surrounding their upcoming season. Hopefully they can “right the ship” and make another run similar to the one in 2009. This team is fun to watch.
25) Unleashed (TX) – This team may have an in class record of 10-8 but ALL EIGHT LOSSES have came against TBS ranked teams.
Stetson Hills Stealth (CA)
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 April 2010 12:26|