TravelBallSelect 12U National Rankings
1. Norwalk Stingrays (CA) - Winners of all 3 Super Nit’s they have entered, the Stingrays remain at the top in the rankings. The Rays also won the 13u So Cal Super Series finishing 4 - 0. Playing all the top teams out west the Rays have been in several 1 run games but still manage to come out on top.
2. Lamorinda Cougars (CA) - The Cougars are continuing their winning ways. Qualified for the Elite and recently won the Western Elite USTBA beating TBS # 5 TABU twice.
3. Chiefs Baseball (GA) - After verifying their roster, the Chiefs make the jump to # 3. The Chiefs have dominated most of the teams in the South over the past few years. With the addition of some top players from Florida this may be the team with the best chance to knock off the Stingrays at years end.
4. Diamondback Baseball (FL) - This team has been impressive all season but had a rough weekend at the Florida State tournament where they lost their 1st game of the year. One bad day doesn’t make a season so the Diamondbacks should recover nicely. Arm injury to All-American pitcher Quentin Davis has contributed to the Diamondbacks recent struggles.
5. TABU (CA) - Dominated their competition by going 5-0 and winning the last California Super NIT of the season. Also placed 2nd at the Western Elite where several of California’s finest attended.
6. Meteors (FL) - 11- 4 against TBS Ranked teams this season the Meteors make the jump to # 6. Beat TBS # 4 Diamondbacks twice at the USSSA State Tournament but after a long day on Sunday, the Meteors fell short in the championship game to the upstart Team M-Pact.
7. East Cobb Astros (GA) - The Astros are a very talented team but the lack of playing time due to rained out tournaments has hurt this powerhouse team from Georgia.
8. West Chester Sluggers (OH) - Last year’s Elite 24 Runner Up the Sluggers were ready for an exciting weekend at the Battle In The South before the rains came and ended the tournament. Still the Sluggers are impressing up north and should find their may back down south in July.
9. Houston Lightning (TX) - This years Texas group is strong, with several top teams and the Lightning are leading the way. The Lightning have been the most impressive thus far winning two Nations Baseball tournaments and placing 2nd in two others.
10. Houston Sox (TX) - Not far behind the Lightning are the Houston Sox who have also beaten all the other top Texas teams. This may be a small team but they can play the game and should be at the top at Cooperstown Dreams Park later this summer.
11. Armour Baseball (CO) - Armour Baseball is back near the top after a great start to the 09 season. This team is red hot, winning their 1st 4 tournaments before stepping up to play in the 13u age group this past weekend.
12. Team Rawlings Elite (CA) - Team Rawlings Elite makes a big jump to the # 12 spot with their solid play this season. A early season record of 31 - 3 with their only loses coming to the # 1 Stingrays.
13. Louisiana Tigers (LA) - Five tournament Championships to start the season gets the Tigers in the rankings at # 13. The Louisiana Tiger organization has a long history of producing some top ranked teams and this 12u group looks to be the best of them all.
14. Arizona Desert Blaze (AZ) - This team just keeps on winning and not just against 12u teams. The Blaze are a very impressive 43 - 9 this season with 25 of those wins coming against 13u teams.
15. Nor Cal Bombers (CA) - Things have cooled down in California now that the last Super NIT out west has been played but the Bombers did a great job early and stay in the top 20.
16. MLB Lightning (TX) - Regarded by many as the # 3 team in Texas, MLB has played well against all the tough Texas teams this season. Solid hitting team. Addition of Boyles and Ortego solidify their roster. At last weekend’s BUSA tournament, thoroughly dominated in pool play with shutout wins over Avengers and Seahawks. Lost in championship play to the Houston Lightning.
17. Home Plate Chilidogs (GA) - Not much information on the Chilidogs since early on due to all the rain in the south. The Chilidogs have played well when they do play and we think this team has the talent to play with the best.
18. The Future (IL) - The only team to get a full game in at the BITS, the Future showed they would have been a force to be reckoned with. This is a very solid team with great pitching. This is a team that may keep on climbing as the year goes on.
19. Macomb Mudhens (MI) - The Mudhens are off to a slower then expected start to the 2009 season. Playing in the TN Super NIT this past weekend when most of the top teams were down the road at the BITS, the Mudhens finished in a disappointing 9th place. It’s still early and there is plenty of time for the Mudhens to climb their way back to the top.
20. Santa Clarita Redhawks (CA) - The Redhawks are off to an impressive start with a 24 - 4 record. Made it to the semi finals at the Western Elite USTBA but came up short against the # 2 Lamorinda Cougars.
21. New Orleans Monarchs (LA) - The Monarchs started out the season with 5 straight championships and made a good showing at the Atl. Super NIT.
Since their return home the Monarchs have a 2nd and 3rd place finish playing against Louisiana’s finest.
22. Great Hands Glove - GH-1 (CA) - Playing well against all the best in the west GH-1 has been in every game. A run here or a hit there and GH-1 may be in the top 10. Won last weekends Spring Fling with wins over the always tough Clippers BBC and Rawlings Mavericks.
24. Shamrock Baseball (GA) - 3 tournament championships, a 3rd place finish at the Atl. Super NIT, wins over GBC, East Cobb Longhorns and a 7-6 loss to # 17 Home Plate puts Shamrock in the top 25. This team has as much talent as any other team in Ga. and will be a bigger force by years end.
25. Miami Enforcers (FL) - A small team, but very scrappy and well-coached. Plays great defense and execute a small-ball style offense to manufacture runs. One of the top middle infields in the country.
Alabama Naturals (AL)
Banditos Black (TX)
Bullets Gold (FL)
Clippers BBC (CA)
Columbus Heat (SC)
DBAT Mustangs Red (TX)
East Cobb Longhorns (GA)
GBC Team Acceleration (NC)
Germantown Giants (TN)
Inside Sports KC Blues (KS)
Knoxville Stars (TN)
Rawlings Mavericks (CA)
South Arkansas Blacksox (AR)
St Pete Hurricanes (FL)
Team Anderson (CA)
Team M-Pact (FL)
The Perfect Game Batting Center (NC)
Tomateros de California (CA)
Virginia Storm (VA)
Viper Baseball Academy (AL)