|TravelBallSelect 12U National Ranking Update|
1. Norwalk Stingrays (CA) – Already winners of 3 Super NITs and a 13U SoCal Super Series event, the Stingrays added the USSSA State Championship to their resume June 12-14. This team will be a force to be reckoned with at the Elite 32. The Rays play all the top teams out west and win. Despite a couple of recent losses to other tough California teams, they remain the most consistent and stay atop the rankings.
2. Lamorinda Cougars (CA) - The Cougars are continuing their winning ways. Qualified for the Elite and recently won the Western Elite USTBA beating TBS # 5 TABU twice. Last year’s National Champions are looking to repeat at Disney and will make a run at the Super 16 tournament in Texas. They potentially will face off with TBS ranked Chiefs, Florida Fire and Westchester Sluggers in Cooperstown Week 2.
5. Shamrock Baseball (GA) – 4 tournament championships, including the USSSA State Championships and the prestigious Tournament of Champions with a field of 16 TBS ranked or honorable mention teams vaults this Georgia powerhouse to the top five. This team is a big power laden and strong armed team that would give all those ranked above them a run for the money.
6. Dynasty Elite (FL) – Second place finish at the Tournament of Champions proves this team is for real. Posted victories over Chiefs, Houston Lightning and East Cobb Astros during their run in the tournament. Superb defense and timely hitting team with an up tempo style of play.
7. Macomb Mudhens (MI) –Have won a couple of big tournaments recently beating the top teams in the North – Ohio Diamondbacks and Westchester Sluggers. Previously low in rankings due to low playing time, the Hens made a big jump with a string of tournament victories. Rounding into form of the team that finished tied for 3rd at Disney last season.
8. Home Plate Chilidogs (GA) – Now playing with the best and winning a lot. Playing deep into tournaments as the 4th place finish at TOC will attest. Have beat the Shamrocks in their last two meetings. This team has made great strides to becoming a top national team.
9. East Cobb Astros (GA) - The Astros have battled injuries all year along with losing one of their best players due to a family move to Texas. This perennial Georgia powerhouse is now getting on track based upon their 3rd place finish at the TOC. The team lost only to the Houston Lightning and Dynasty Elite at the TOC while playing to a tie with the Germantown Giants and won six consecutive elimination games in bracket play before running out of steam against Dynasty.
10. Houston Lightning (TX) – The Lightning made a good showing at the Tournament of Champions falling only to three of the top four finishers while merci ruling the TBS ranked Flames, East Cobb Astros, Home Plate Chilidogs and shutting out the Virginia Storm. Team has played well against strong Texas competition as well with two or more wins over Houston Sox, Rattlers, MLAB Houston Lightning, CC Seahawks, Gladiators and Houston Angels.
11. Meteors Baseball (FL) - The Meteors drop a few more slots but still not due to their play, rather, just the quality of ball those teams moving up have played. This team has wins over East Cobb Astros and TBS # 4 Diamondbacks twice at the USSSA State Tournament solid team with possibly the number one hitter in the country. Hit 43 homeruns at Cooperstown in Week 1 losing in final to Tamiami Outlaws, a new TBS honorable mention.
12. (Tie) Chiefs Baseball (GA) - Depending on the weekend roster, this team can be a powerhouse. Did not fare well at Tournament of Champions (2 wins- 2 losses) despite the presence of All- American Slominski from the Lamorinda Cougars. Team could ultimately win it all with their size, speed, power and pitching. Top finish in Week 2 at Cooperstown could help regain lost ranking.
12. (Tie) Florida Fire (FL) – Despite losses over the winter, this team has rebuilt itself and recently won a return trip to the Disney Sports Complex via a Super NIT Tournament victory and championship game win over the Florida Diamondbacks. Look for this team to continue making noise against the other national powers. Big test at Cooperstown in Week 2. Could leapfrog Chiefs if they can finish ahead of them at Cooperstown in Week 2.
16. West Chester Sluggers (OH) - Last year’s Elite 24 Runner Up the Sluggers were ready for an exciting weekend at the Battle In The South before the rains came and ended the tournament. Still the Sluggers, are a northern powerhouse and should find their may back down south to I-4 in July. First, they go on the road to Cooperstown in Week 2 to face Chiefs, Fire and Lamorinda.
17. Armour Baseball (CO) - Armour Baseball is back near the top after a great start to the 09 season. This team started red hot, winning their 1st 4 tournaments before stepping up to play in the 13u age group. Since then, they dropped back to 12U and won two more tournaments including the Memorial Day Super NIT in Kansas City. In that tournament, they defeated TBS Honorable Mention teams Dairy Queen Busters and, in a spectacular championship game, shutout Inside KC Sports 1-0. Armour is on the way to Disney.
20. Santa Clarita Redhawks (CA) - The Redhawks are off to an impressive start with a 31-9 record. Made it to the semi finals at the Western Elite USTBA but came up short against the # 2 Lamorinda Cougars. Won both of their tournaments in May, dominating in the Triple Crown Memorial Day Classic by outscoring opponents 53-13. May start slow on Saturdays but Sunday’s are where this team takes charge.
21. Nor Cal Bombers (CA) - Things have cooled down in California now that the last Super NIT out west has been played but the Bombers did a great job early and stay in the top 20. They have stepped up to many 13U tournaments in preparation for the tough 12U NorCal competition. They do sport one victory over TBS #5 TABU last fall.
22. The Future (IL) – Big win at Cincy Flames Classic outlasting the Mudhens, Diamondhawks, Flames, Indiana Blazers and always tough St. Joes Baseball. This is a very solid team with great pitching. Continue to win in the North. Need to continue to play these major tournaments with successful outcomes before they will make a distinct rise in rankings.
23. Inside KC Sports Blues (KS) – This team has been hot and their berth to the Elite 32 is intact. The berth included a big win over Louisiana Tigers in Super NIT and has this team back in top 25.
24. New Orleans Monarchs (LA) - The Monarchs started out the season with 5 straight championships and made a good showing at the Atlanta Super NIT. 3rd place showing in South Texas Super NIT with wins over Houston Lightning, TEAM Rattlers and LA. Tigers gained them a berth to Elite 32. Additional high finish at Mississippi Super NIT and a first place finish at the ASP Super NIT in Florida solidified their ranking.
24. (Tie) Virginia Storm – played well at Tournament of Champions in East Cobb. Started slow in pool play but came on strong in double elimination bracket. Very good defensive team.
25. (Tie) Great Hands Glove - GH-1 (CA) - Playing well in the west. Still need to close the gap against the likes of Stingrays and Rawlings Elite. Success in Omaha could help them rise in rankings.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 18 June 2009 04:33|