1. Norwalk Stingrays (CA) - Winners of 3 Super NITs and a 13U SoCal Super Series event, the Stingrays will be a force to be reckoned with at the Elite 32. The Rays play all the top teams out west and win. Despite a couple of recent losses to other tough California teams, they remain the most consistent and stay atop the rankings.
2. Lamorinda Cougars (CA) - The Cougars are continuing their winning ways. Qualified for the Elite and recently won the Western Elite USTBA beating TBS # 5 TABU twice. Last year’s National Champions are looking to repeat at Disney and will make a run at the Super 16 tournament in Texas.
3. Chiefs Baseball (GA) - The Chiefs remain at # 3 having dominated most of the teams in the South over the past few years. The roster is loaded with talent. With the competition in Georgia, a couple of recent blemishes could be expected. Look for them to be the tournament favorite at the East Cobb Tournament of Champions.
4. Diamondback Baseball (FL) - This team has been impressive all season and sport wins over TBS ranked East Cobb Astros, Florida Fire, Meteors, N.O. Monarchs, Chiefs and Home Plate Chilidogs. Like the Chiefs, playing this type of competition week in and week out leads to a loss or two as recent blemishes from the Fire and Meteors would attest. When and if fully healthy, this team will make its mark and remain high in TBS rankings.
5. TABU (CA) - Dominated their competition by going 5-0 and winning the last California Super NIT of the season. Also placed 2nd at the Western Elite where several of California’s finest attended.
6. Macomb Mudhens (MI) –Have won a couple of big tournaments recently beating the top teams in the North – Ohio Diamondbacks and Westchester Sluggers. Previously low in rankings due to low playing time, the Hens made a big jump with a string of tournament victories. Rounding into form of the team that finished tied for 3rd at Disney last season.
7. Meteors (FL) - The Meteors drop one slot from #6 but not due to their play. This team has wins over East Cobb Astros and TBS # 4 Diamondbacks twice at the USSSA State Tournament solid team with possibly the number one hitter in the country..
8. Home Plate Chilidogs (GA) – Now playing with the best and winning a lot. Reaching many finals and giving the Chiefs all they can handle. This team has made great strides to becoming a top national team. Along with Chiefs, will be one of the favorites at the East Cobb Baseball Tournament of Champions.
9. East Cobb Astros (GA) - The Astros are a very talented team but the lack of playing time due to rained out tournaments has kept this powerhouse team from Georgia from getting on track. Team will be looking to go back-to-back in the Tournament of Champions to be held in East Cobb June 4-7.
10. Houston Lightning (TX) - This years Texas group is strong, with several top teams and the Lightning are leading the way with three tournament wins, three second place finishes and one third in eight tournaments played. This team will sometimes struggle in pool play only to come out and dominate on Sundays. The Lightning will travel to Atlanta for the Tournament of Champions. A top performance at this prestigious event will have the Lightning pressing the top 5.
10. (tie) Florida Fire (FL) – This team was inadvertently excluded from the rankings. Despite losses over the winter, this team has rebuilt itself and recently won a return trip to the Disney Sports Complex via a Super NIT Tournament victory and championship game win over the Florida Diamondbacks. Look for this team to continue making noise against the other national powers.
11. Houston Sox (TX) - Not far behind the Lightning are the Houston Sox who have also beaten all the other top Texas teams. Currently 2 wins, two losses vs. Houston Lightning, this team remains just behind the Lightning due to consistency. Big recent addition to this already talented squad may supply the firepower needed to advance into the top 10 if they can secure a tournament win at Cooperstown Dreams Park later this summer.
12. Team Rawlings Elite (CA) - Team Rawlings Elite continues to play great baseball in California with many of their loses coming to the # 1 Stingrays. They recently beat the Stingrays and finished ahead of Lamorinda, TABU, AZ. Desert Blaze, and the Clippers, all TBS ranked teams, over the Memorial Day weekend.
13. West Chester Sluggers (OH) - Last year’s Elite 24 Runner Up the Sluggers were ready for an exciting weekend at the Battle In The South before the rains came and ended the tournament. Still the Sluggers are a northern powerhouse and should find their may back down south to I-4 in July.
14. Armour Baseball (CO) - Armour Baseball is back near the top after a great start to the 09 season. This team started red hot, winning their 1st 4 tournaments before stepping up to play in the 13u age group. Since then, they dropped back to 12U and won two more tournaments including the Memorial Day Super NIT in Kansas City. In that tournament, they defeated TBS Honorable Mention teams Dairy Queen Busters and, in a spectacular championship game, shutout Inside KC Sports 1-0. Armour is on the way to Disney.
15. Arizona Desert Blaze (AZ) - This team continues its winning tradition and not just against 12u teams. The Blaze has won in excess of 50 games this season with nearly half of those wins coming against 13u teams. Two of their setbacks have been to the TBS #2 ranked Cougars.
16. Nor Cal Bombers (CA) - Things have cooled down in California now that the last Super NIT out west has been played but the Bombers did a great job early and stay in the top 20. They have stepped up to many 13U tournaments in preparation for the tough 12U NorCal competition. They do sport one victory over TBS #5 TABU last fall.
17. MLB Lightning (TX) - Regarded by many as the # 3 team in Texas, MLB has played well against all the tough Texas teams this season, including two wins apiece over the Houston Lightning and Houston Sox and big win over the New Orleans Monarchs at the South Texas Super NIT where they won their Elite 32 berth. Solid hitting team with a good pitching staff.
18. Louisiana Tigers (LA) - Five tournament Championships to start the season. Playing in some top tournaments in Houston, Dallas and Mississippi. The Louisiana Tiger organization has a long history of producing some top ranked teams and this 12u group looks to be the best of them all as their Elite 32 berth would indicate.
19. Cincinnati Flames (OH) – beginning to get on a roll winning multiple tournaments. Can solidify their ranking with a good showing at Tournament of Champions in early June.
20. Santa Clarita Redhawks (CA) - The Redhawks are off to an impressive start with a 31-9 record. Made it to the semi finals at the Western Elite USTBA but came up short against the # 2 Lamorinda Cougars. Won both of their tournaments in May, dominating in the Triple Crown Memorial Day Classic by outscoring opponents 53-13. May start slow on Saturdays but Sunday’s are where this team takes charge.
21. New Orleans Monarchs (LA) - The Monarchs started out the season with 5 straight championships and made a good showing at the Atl. Super NIT. 3rd place showing in South Texas Super NIT with wins over Houston Lightning, TEAM Rattlers and LA. Tigers gained them a berth to Elite 32. Additional high finish at Mississippi Super NIT solidifies their ranking.
22. Great Hands Glove - GH-1 (CA) - Playing well in the west. Still need to close the gap against the likes of Stingrays and Rawlings Elite. Success in Omaha could help them rise in rankings.
23. The Future (IL) - The only team to get a full game in at the BITS, the Future showed they would have been a force to be reckoned with. This is a very solid team with great pitching. Continue to win in the North. Need to face more of a steady diet of the likes of the Mudhens, Diamondhawks, and Sluggers with successful outcomes before they will make a distinct rise in rankings.
24. Shamrock Baseball (GA) - 3 tournament championships, a 3rd place finish at the Atl. Super NIT, wins over GBC, East Cobb Longhorns and a 7-6 loss to now No. 8 Home Plate keeps Shamrock in the top 25. This team has as much talent as any other team in Ga. and will be a bigger force by years end. Look for big things from them at AAU State.
25. Miami Enforcers (FL) - A small team, but very scrappy and well-coached. Plays great defense and execute a small-ball style offense to manufacture runs. One of the top middle infields in the country. Needs to qualify and play in major national to move ahead.
Alabama Naturals (AL) – Best in Bama.
Banditos Black (TX) – A team on the rise.
Bullets Gold (FL) – team playing well in tough FL competition.
Clippers BBC (CA) – Good team that doesn’t get the recognition of others from California.
Columbus Heat (SC) – Big time program out of SC
Dairy Queen Busters (AR) – won one of the alphabet nationals last season. Can prove themselves at East Cobb TOC
Dynasty Elite (FL) – South FL dynamite. Out to prove themselves in Marietta.
East Cobb Longhorns (GA) – early season competitiveness has earned them a spot among national H.M.
Ft. Smith Outlaws (AR) – could be the best out of Arkansas.
GBC Team Acceleration (NC) – one of top performers in NC
Georgia Legends (GA) – another powerhouse team on the rise in GA.
Germantown Giants (TN) – Consistent winners will have to win a big tourney for full recognition.
Gravel Baseball (IL) – One of the top teams in IL will also
Inside Sports KC Blues (KS) – another Elite appearance on the horizon could place them at top.
Mill Creek Hawks (GA) – great team rivaling all others in Atlanta. Playing at TOC in early June.
Memphis Tigers (TN) – always a top performer out of TN. TOC on horizon.
Ohio Diamondhawks – could easily be top 25.
Raleigh Wldcats (NC) – one of the top teams out of tough NC.
St Pete Hurricanes (FL) – big time winners in Florida.
Team Anderson (CA) - another big player in California.
Team M-Pact (FL) – FL state champ.
TEAM Rattlers (TX) – Former Elite 24 Champion beginning to get it together. Watch out!
Tomateros de California (CA)- building a solid program in SoCal.
Virginia Storm (VA) – perennial power. Good showing at East Cobb could move them to top 25.