|13U Rankings Update|
1. (1) Banditos Black (TX) – Havent played at 13U since winning OK Super NIT back in May. Playing mostly 14U to get ready for Disney. The toughest test of the streak will be at Disney, as a few teams believe they have enough fire power to knock off #1….we will believe it when we see it.
2. (3) Rocket City Stingers (AL) – This team is definitely the top contender to end the Banditos streak. The addition of TBS Player to Watch, Chase Hamilton, solidifies a dangerous lineup that would concern any coach.3. (2) Team Anderson (CA) – Due to boys playing up, this team will be seeded 23rd or 24th at Disney. Don’t let that fool you, this team is as good as it gets.
4. (7) RBI Redwings (PA) – Went 8-0 at the tough Michigan Major Elite with big wins over #12 Coral Springs Diamonds and #5 MSA Black. Picking up TBS Player to Watch, Alex Raburn adds depth to the pitching staff.
5. (6) MSA Black (MI) – When the dust settles, this team will be there. TBS Player to Watch, Hunter Wood, will rejoin team for first time since Atlanta Super NIT and the addition of stud catcher Niko Gonzalez takes catching pressure of Josh Knorr.
6. (8) Georgia Bandits (GA) – Made impressive statement at GA state championships by run ruling both East Cobb Astros and Atlanta Monarchs. Added TBS Player to Watch Parker Johnson (who had Banditos on ropes at last years Elite 24) to team for Disney.
7. (4) OC Hawks (CA) – Anxious to see what team shows up in Disney. Word has it that top players may miss this event. If that’s true, could be a long week in Disney for Hawks.
8. (5) East Cobb Astros (GA) – This team can hit with anyone in the country. Pitching depth seems to be the problem for this team. Elite 24 is all about pitching.
9. (13) North Texas Thunder (TX) – This team cracks top 10 for first time, now we will see if they can stay there after the Elite 24.
10. (9) Texas Stampede (TX) – Still one of the top teams in the country even if they are not playing at the Elite 24.
11. (10) Atlanta Monarchs (GA) – The Monarchs continue to seek the best competition in their region and will be stronger as a result and will reap the rewards at the Elite World Series where they have been successful the past two years.
12. (15) Coral Springs Diamonds (FL) – Lost 3-2 to #4 RBI Redwings in the semi’s at the Michigan Major Elite NIT. According to MSA Black coach, Rick Goff, "That’s the best team in the country not going to Disney".
13. (20) Banditos Gold (TX) – Having the "Banditos" name will put a big bulls-eye on this teams back at Disney. If teams don’t get a shot at #1 Black, then Gold is next best thing.
14. (23) All American Sports Academy (CA) – Team seems to be peaking at right time. 11-3 in last three events, all at 14U.
15. (17) Ark-La-Tex (LA) – All four losses have been to TBS ranked teams. Playing against the tough Texas teams will prepare this team for Disney.
16. (18) Mac N Seitz (MO) – Quality team from a quality organization. Team is a threat to win whenever they show up.
17. (25) Hanover Heat (VA) – Won the rain delayed PA Super NIT at beginning of June. Had a big win over TBS #4 RBI Redwings.
18. (11) Carolina Crushers (NC) – Peaked last month at #11. Lack of competitive events makes it hard to rank this team higher this month.
19. (19) Texas Tornadoes (TX) – The 5th team from Texas in the top 20. Proves that Texas is a hotbed for baseball talent.
20. (NR) Indiana Prospects (IN) – Qualified for Disney at Chicago. We would like to rank this team higher but they are 0-5 against TBS ranked teams. Disney will be a tough test for this team.
21. (12) Head First Gamers (CA) – Havent heard much from this team due to Pony ball. Hopefully they will do something before year is up.
22. (21) Cal-Sting Outlaws (CA) – Finished second at CA state championships to TBS #14 All American Sports Academy.
23. (NR) Lakeview Pirates (MS) – Mississippi state champs, but have yet to face teams like they will see in Disney.
24. (NR) Bullet Baseball (LA) – Will be making second trip in a row to Disney, hoping to improve on last years 1-4 mark.
25. (NR) Texas Hurricane (TX) – Went 5-0 at Dallas Super NIT, then had a BIG letdown in the next two events, going 2-4. Better get things straight before going to see "Mickey".
Memphis Travelers (TN)
Beaver Valley Red (PA)
Alabama Longhorns (AL)
NC Cleveland Indians (NC)
Tides Black (CA)
Louisiana Tigers (LA)
Circle City Hooks (AL)
Chet Lemons Juice (FL)
BLBA Black (TX)
Gameday Athletics (AL)
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 September 2008 08:00|