Miami Sugarkings win their 6th out of 7th USSSA tournament in the last 3 months. Going 5-0 in the USSSA Kendall Caze down in Homestead-Miami Florida. The Sugarkings hit 14 HRs (10 of the 12 players had at least 1) as they outscored their competition 42 to 10. The Kings stayed hot after a long, hard fought weekend at the ESPN Disney Super Elite NIT. Next weekend its off to Naples, Fla for more tough competition.
Miami Sugarkings win their 6th out of 7th usssa tournament in the last 3 months. Going 5-0 in the usssa kendall craze down in Homestead-Miami Florida. The Sugarkings hit 14 HRs (10 of the 12 players had at least 1) as they outscored their competition 42 to 10. The Kings stayed hot after a long, hard fought weekend at the espn disney super elite nit. Next weekend its off to Naples, Fla for more tough competition.
TravelBallSelect.com announces its second group in its series of All America Players who played in the 13U age group during the 2011 season. These additional Players receiving All America Honors are;
Brandon Chinea (Leon Medical) IF
Steven Lugo (Tampa Crush) IF
Decker Branch (Dallas Patriots) P
Connell Boyle (East Cobb Astros) P
JJ Bleday (Beaver Valley Reds) LHP
Corey Armstrong (Tanel VooDoo) IF
Shannon Glover (SC Team Spartans) C
Nico Hoerner (Lamorinda Monarchs) IF
Aaron Pilkington (SBA Canes) IF
Ryan Novis (Chandler Rangers)
Juan Hillman (MBA Pride) P
Coby Weaver (Oklahoma Select) IF
Tommy Martinez (Chandler Rangers) IF
Zach Watson (Tanel VooDoo) SS
November 3, 2011 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Triple Crown Sports’ Fall Nationals came to an end last month that culminated in another terrific year for Triple Crown Sports in travel baseball. For the 15th consecutive year, St. Augustine, Florida played host to Triple Crown’s east coast fall national championship. In 2011, 132 teams made up the Fall National field which spanned over three weekends in October.
Click each event class below for the full tournament details
Week 1 tested teams’ patience as rain created long delays and schedule modifications. However, it was the Meteors in the 9s and KMB Elite in the 14s that managed to outlast the rain, wind, and the competition to win their age division’s Fall National Championships. The Meteors (Tampa, FL) beat a very good Stealth Bomberz (Albany, GA) 10-3 in the championship. Falling short to KMB Elite in the 14u finals was the Jacksonville Warriors, 13-1.
Week 1 Results
Week 2 was highlighted by one of the most competitive 11 year-old divisions in 2011. The 11s were composed of 28 teams from states such as Georgia, South Carolina and Florida. The preeminent powerhouse that is Team MVP, based out of Miami, upset the Elite 32 winner, South Florida Stealth, to capture the 11u Fall National Championship. Team Combat (Orlando, FL) & Bullets Gold (Tampa, FL) also had strong tournament showings finishing in a tie for 3rd place. Also competing in Week 2 was a strong 13 year old field that included Team Florida (Lynn Haven, FL), Team Mizuno (Tampa, FL) and Alex Fernandez’s Pembroke Lakes Bulldogs who have had a lot of success in St. Augustine over the years winning numerous Fall National Championships. In the end it was Team Florida sneaking by a very strong and up-and-coming South Florida Giant (Miramar, FL) team 6-2 in the finals.
Week 2 Results
The 12u division also lived up to its hype after positioning arguably Georgia’s finest against Florida’s in the tournament’s Week 3 finals. Team Florida (Tampa, FL) proved to be too much, however, beating the Stealth Bomberz out of Albany, GA 10-4. Team TPX (Jacksonville, FL) and the Central Florida Gators
The Predators USA Black finished off the tourney in Flagstaff this weekend with a very impressive 11-4 win over a very talented Arizona Blaze team. The Predators finished the weekend with a perfect 4-0 mark! In the semi the Predators beat the AZ T-Rex 10-2 while the Arizona Blaze took care of the Flagstaff Baseball Club 7-5.
The Labor Day Kick Off has come to an end and I for one had a blast. This is our first time covering a tournament and we do hope that you enjoy following it. It is the first of many! Please remember that we want to hear from YOU! We want for you to post your OWN articles through our fans write section. Please do not be shy! Below is the results from this weekends event!
In the 9U division it was all Rattlers as they took care of the Desert Cats by a 17-6 score. The Rattlers avenged a pool play loss to this same Desert Cats team 12-11. The Rattlers finished the weekend with a 4-1 mark while outscoring their opponents 74-28!
In the Majors division it was no surprise as Sandlot Baseball continued their dominance with a 10-0 win over the AZ Grizzlies. The Sandlot walked through this event with a 5-0 mark while outscoring their opponents by a margin of 59-8!
In the AAA division it was the Anthem Firebirds beating up on the BBC Commanders 13-0 in the final to take the victory. The Firebirds ended the weekend with a 4-1 mark while outscoring their opponents 52-24 with their only loss coming at the hands of the Dirty Dozen.
In the AA division it was the AZ Extreme taking home the title after beating the Sandlot 9U team by a final of 11-8! The Extreme finished the weekend with a 3-2 record but took care of business when it counted with three straight victories en route to their title!
11U AAA Results
The Stealth finished the weekend with a 5-0 mark while outscoring their opponents 58-22! The Stealth first took care of the ABP Wizards in the semi by a score of 11-3 and then upended the AZ Grizzlies 8-3 in the final.
11u AA Results
The Goodyear Gators dominated all weekend long as they posted a 6-0 mark while outscoring their opponents 90-15! In the final it was more of the same as the Gators rolled 11-3!
12U Majors Results
The Warriors battled all tournament long and in the end outlasted the Storm by a score of 6-4. The Warriors finished the weekend a perfect 5-0. Pitching was dominant in the final and you can read all about in the blog.
12u AA Results
The Warriors made a clean sweep of the 12u division with a 4-3 win over the Grinders. The Warriors finished the weekend 5-1 with their only blemish a 7-6 loss to the Desert Cubs. This loss was avenged though as they beat the Desert Cubs in the semi by a score of 11-3!
13U Majors Results
The Storm won it all in the 13u division as they beat the Az Extreme by a score of 10-2! The Storm finished the weekend 4-1 with their only loss coming at the hands of the ABP Wizards 7-5 in pool play action.
13U AAA Results
The Stealth beat the Goodyear Gators 5-2 for the AAA crown. The Stealth finished the weekend with a 4-1 mark with their only loss coming to the Arizona Aces by the same 5-3 score.
13U AA Results
The Heavy Hitters Baseball Academy upended the Grinders 10-2 in the final. The Heavy Hitters competed all weekend and posted a 3-2 mark on the weekend. Their two losses came at the hands of the Arizona Aces and the Goodyear Gators. A tough draw for the team from Surprise but they rebounded well and won the AA crown!
The lines were drawn today as pool play concluded. Three champions will be crowned tomorrow.
In the Majors division, the AZ Extreme Gold will face off against the Storm Black. The Storm upended the AZ Aces in the first playoff game by a count of 10-6 while the Extreme handed the ABP Wizards their first loss of the tournament by a score of 12-9. Tomorrow's final should be a good one and will take place at Victory Lane at 8AM!
In the AAA Division the Stetson Hills Stealth defeated the Venom by a score of 8-0 while the Goodyear Gators disposed of the AZ Extreme Black in dominating fashion 12-0. That sets up a Stealth vs Gators final tomorrow morning at Victory Lane.
In the AA division the Grinders beat the Devils 12-4 while the Heavy Hitters took care of the Peaks 11-5. This sets up a Grinders VS Heavy Hitters final for the AA crown.
The 12U division playoffs also got underway today and saw the Warriors Baseball Academy come from behind to beat the Desert Cats Blue 10-4 while the Storm Black continued to roll with a 16-1
victory over the Surprise Thunder Navy.Tomorrows championship will be played at 8AM and will pit
#1 against #2 in what should be an epic battle.
12u AA Highlights
The top four seeds are set for playoff action that begins tomorrow. The Desert Cubs, and Yuma Outlaws are the top two seeds while the #3 seed goes to the Warriors Red followed by the Grinders. Action tomorrow begins with a Outlaws VS Grinders match-up with the winner heading to the final to face the winner of Cubs vs Warriors. Action begins at 8am tomorrow at Victory Lane
11U AAA Highlights
The Stealth continued their dominance in this once by securing the #1 seed while the Desert Cats Blue secured the #2. IN the first playoff game it was the Grizzlies beating the AZ Broncos 9-1. The Grizzlies will now face the #2 seed Desert Cats Blue in the semifinal tomorrow. In the other game it was the ABP Wizards outlasting the AZ Heat 7-4. The Wizards will now face the undefeated stealth
with the winner advancing to the championship.
11U AA Highlights
The Goodyear Gators upended the Tri City Venom in the first playoff game by a score of 11-0. The Arizona A's then squeaked past the Rawlings Lightning by a count of 11-10. In the third playoff game it was the AZ Thunder handing it to the Desert Cats Red by a 12-2 margin. In one semi the Goodyear Gators will face the Arizona A's while the other semi puts the AZ Thunder against the Arizona Diablos who beat up on the Yuma Outlaws 16-1!
10U Major Highlights
The 10U division split the group of 14 teams into three divisions. In the Majors division the Sandlot took care of the Snipers Black by a score of 13-3 while the Grizzlies used clutch two out hitting to upset the Stealth 10-9. The final will be played tomorrow at 10:15 at Victory Lane.
10 AAA Highlights
The BBC Commanders earned a trip to the finals by beating the Dirty Dozen by a score of 9-4 while the Anthem Firebirds disposed of the AZ Gauchos 9-8. The final takes place tomorrow at 12:30 at Victory Lane.
10U AA Division Highlights
The Sandlot 9U beat up on the Snipers Red 18-2 and then finished of the Goodyear Gators by a score of 7-4 to earn their way into a 10U final as a 9U team! Very impressive to say the least. The AZ Extreme though will not want to see their dreams of a title taken away. After beating the Cobras 13-5 they earned a trip by crushing the High Desert Rattlers 11-0.
9U AA Highlights
In the 9U division the Desert Cats continued to roll. After finishing pool play with a 3-0 mark they then won their semi final game over the Anthem Spartans by a score of 20-5. The other semi features the Gilbert DesertDogs against the Rattlers. in an earlier pool play game the Rattlers handed the Dogs a 20-1 loss. The final for this one takes place at 8Am Monday morning at Victory Lane!
1. Bandits Baseball - Ringgold, GA - The Georgia Bandits produced one of the most remarkable seasons we have ever seen in Travel Baseball. The Bandits put together a grueling schedule that included stops at most of the prestigious and toughest tournaments in the country. They not only managed to pull off getting to these tourneys, they managed to win them all except the final one in Memphis at the National Youths. The Bandits won the USSSA Elite World Series, The NABF title, Cooperstown, 5 Super NIT's, the toughest Nations tournament which had 4 of the top 5 teams in the country, the Memorial Day Invitational in Chattanooga one of the toughest early season tournaments in the country, and 110 games along the way. We have sources at countless tournaments and in regions all over the country and almost every source from every region told us that in the end, they still think the Georgia Bandits are the best team of the year. We cannot base this title on one single tournament, but we are going to award this one on the "body of work" concept. It's too easy to look at the USSSA final standings and the NYBC standings and just list the teams like other sites do. We take our time to get it right and we think we are right on when it comes to the call on this years' champs. The Georgia Bandits carefully crafted this season starting years ago, and we've seen this team grow into one of the best Travel teams of all time in any sport. Travel baseball is a year-long endeavor and for 95 per cent of the year, there was no doubt who was the best team at the 12U level. Well, the season is over and one team stands out as not only one of the best this season, but one of the best ever. Our research shows us that the USSSA Elite World Series was by far the toughest tourney this past season in this age group. That's not to say the EWS is the toughest tourney every year or in every age group, or that USSSA is the main source for rankings because that's not the case . But we're going to give a lot of weight to the Elite World Series above all others this year because it was intensive, exhausting and a week chock-full of incredible 12U teams. The Bandits had to come out of a bracket that was brutal in Disney and they won our hearts and others around the world in Disney. We stand behind our pick for National Champions - stand up and applaud the Georgia Bandits of 2011.
2. Banditos Black - Tomball, TX - The toughest call of our rankings was Number Two. Three teams deserved a shot at this spot with MBA Pride and Team Florida making a great case here. We congratulate Banditos Black for coming down the stretch as the best team and putting it all together in Memphis against a great field featuring some unforgettable games. Woody Rogers did a great job assembling a NYBC team that was truly sensational and full of heart. Super Series is also one of the toughest tourneys to win, and no one is going to argue about the greatness of Texas baseball. We at Travel Ball Select are well aware that the caliber of baseball in Texas is top-notch and the competition in that state tends to lead to teams beating each other up which beats down overall records. Banditos Black was not a one-shot wonder at Memphis. They proved that at Super Series.
3. MBA Pride - Port Orange , FL - MBA Pride brought in a couple of flame-throwing pitchers at Disney that had heads shaking and everyone talking. But in the end, a lot of teams add players and if we started judging based on that controversy, we'd be knocking teams out of the rankings right and left, including Banditos Black and even the Georgia Bandits who flew in an amazing catcher for the Elites. MBA Pride won two Super NIT's, lost in the Elites by losing twice to the Georgia Bandits in a wicked bracket, and won AAU in Disney. They were consistently the best team in Florida and that's saying a lot because no one is going to argue about the status of baseball in that state. They won the state's always tough state tourney. The Georgia Bandits will tell you that this team could make a really good case for being the best in the country other than those tough losses at the EWS and NYBC. We congratulate MBA Pride for a super season playing against the best in the country on a consistent basis.
4. Team Florida - Lynnhaven, FL - Team Florida was neck-and-neck with MBA Pride all season long for Florida supremacy and we think this team is still National Championship material. They lost a couple of one- run games to MBA Pride at major tournaments and those games were as good as any we've seen in the Majors this season. They lost three close games throughout the year to the Georgia Bandits, two by one run. Team Florida won 7 USSSA tourneys (the main source of tourney play in Florida), and came in second at the Elite World Series. losing 2-1 to the Georgia Bandits in the title game. They pulled off 60 wins this year featuring a schedule that was impressive. Congratulations to Team Florida for a sensational season and this year, a number four ranking in the midst of this field is a truly great accomplishment .
5. San Diego Stars - San Diego, CA - The Stars won the very tough AABC in Puerto Rico and stood out at the end of the season as the best in always brutal Southern California. The Stars picked up some tremendous players for the NYBC but so did other teams so again, we won't hold that against them or anyone else. The Stars won two Super NITs and the State title in SoCal and clearly made a case to be a Top 5 teams with their play down the stretch of the season.
6. Oklahoma Rays - Oklahoma City. OK - A great showing at the Disney Elites saw the Rays lose a close one to Team Florida and solidified this Southwest powerhouse as one of the Top Ten teams in the nation. The Rays regularly compete with the Texas powers and beat them. Winning three Super NIT's and finishing with a USSSA record of 68 and 8 puts this team among the very best in the nation.
7. Lamorinda Diablos - Moraga, CA - Northern California is an underrated area for Travel baseball and features some awesome teams, none better than the Diablos this season. They won the Super NIT in NoCal and we believe they could have been a National Contender if they had ventured to the National tourneys but travel to the East and Southwest is easier said than done. The Diablos like to "play up" and they dominated the 13u's in their area all season.
8. East Cobb Astros - Marietta, GA - Here's a team that rocketed up the rankings and deservedly so for putting itself on the map with an incredible performance at the Elite World Series where they were without a doubt one of the top 8 teams there. They knocked off a great Canes team twice at Disney and since the Canes are definitely Top Ten material, we have to put the Astros right here at 8.
9. Canes - Central North Carolina, NC - The Canes take the honors as our selection from the best of the Carolinas and that's saying a lot because Travelball in the Carolinas is a weekly war featuring some of the best baseball in the country. The Canes , Dirtbags and Cubs Select Red beat each other up on a weekly basis this past season. The Canes showed their greatness with a great show at the Elite's in Disney with a solid fifth place finish and some heartbreaking losses to the East Cobb Astros in their bracket. 10 USSSA titles and 3 second place finishes (USSSA is the major source of tourney's in the Carolina's) solidifies the Canes of North Carolina as the best in its region.
10. So Cal Rebels - Just a notch below the San Diego Stars when it comes to ruling Southern California. The Rebels won the 13U Summer Slam to put an exclamation mark on a great season that saw them win six tough Southern Cal tourney's and give the Stars a run for their money every time they played them.
11. Texas Nationals - The Woodlands, TX - Well, well, well. Look who ends up in the Top 15 after all. The Nationals saved the best for last as they battled the best in the great state of Texas in the always brutal Super Series championship and knocked off some Texas powers ranked ahead of them along the way. The Nationals have a history of strong finishes and we knew they were hungry to finish in the Top 30. As usual, the Texas Nationals did not disappoint, finishing with an impressive run at the Super Series title tournament.
tie 12. DBAT Chancellor - Dallas, TX - We wish the old McKinney Marshals would have found a way to live with each other because we are convinced they would have had a real shot at a national title if the team we saw at Disney two years ago had played this year as 12's. But such is the nature of travel baseball around the nation as teams splinter and then form two or three great teams. DBAT Chancellor battled the Dallas Tigers all year long and played some great games against the Tigers, a team also made up of former Marshals players. A mid-June Super Series tournament title over the Tigers along with a Tigers win over DBAT in the Super Series championship gets these two teams tied for 11th !
tie 12. Dallas Tigers - Dallas, TX -See above . We at Travel Ball Select have placed FOUR Texas teams in our Top 12. We hope that takes away some of the sting of crowning a Georgia team National Champ but one thing is for sure Texas - everyone in the nation knows that Texas baseball is awesome and we at Travel Ball Select know it too. Holler if you hear me !
14. Dirtbags - Clemmons, NC - The Dirtbags started the season as one of the favorites to win it all. They stumbled a little down the stretch but finished strong at the Disney Elites going 6 and 3 within a very tough bracket. The Dirtbags finished with a 65 and 11 USSSA record and their 11 straight USSSA tournament titles to start the season was very impressive.
15. KC Bulldogs - Kansas City, MO - More than 70 wins and a strong showing at the Disney Elites saw the Bulldogs finish strong. The 'Dogs won 11 tournaments and represented the Central USA region very well all season long knocking off strong teams from Georgia, Arkansas and Texas along the way.
16. Valley Thunder - Valley, Alabama - Clearly the best team in the state, winning 8 of that states tourneys. Lost to the Georgia Bandits in a close game in the Alabama Super NIT.
17. Cincinnati DNA Pride - Cincinnati , Ohio - The Cincy Flames and this team dominate the Western Ohio Travel Baseball scene. Winners of the brutally tough Columbus Super NIT puts them a notch above the Flames for Western OH honors. They had a real chance to make National noise higher up the rankings if they would have travelled more.
18. Ohio Glaciers - Canfield, Ohio - The Glaciers opened plenty of eyes at Disney with a great run through a very tough bracket. Four EWS Managers put them in their final Top 15 rankings sent to us. They had Team Florida and the Dirtbags of Carolina on the ropes until late in their EWS contests and knocked off the Arkansas Rawlings Prospects, Richmond Nationals, and Cubs Select Red on an impressive run. Clearly the cream of the crop in always strong Eastern Ohio.
19. Arkansas Rawlings Prospects - North Little Rock, ARK - This team was red hot heading into the Elites at Disney with 11 tournament titles under its belt.
20. Team Anderson Red - Placentia, CA - Team Anderson Red was one of the Big Three in SoCal all season long along with the Rebels and San Diego Stars. In fact, they knocked off the Rebels in a Super NIT game in SoCal. Team Anderson Red had some nice wins at Disney over the Memphis Outlaws and KC Bulldogs and anytime you're in the Top 3 in Southern California you deserve to be in the national Top 20.
21. Memphis Outlaws - Memphis, TN - Tennessee has three great teams in the Outlaws, West Tennessee Wildcats and Germantown Giants. Memphis ended their season with more than 50 wins playing a very competitive schedule and knocked off the Wildcats and Giants enough to earn top honors in the Volunteer State.
22. West TN Wildcats - Jackson, TN - Big Super NIT win in June solidified the Wildcats spot in the Top 25.
23. Scottsdale Dirtbags - Scottsdale, AZ - The Dirtbags and Arizona Blaze Red dominated the Arizona region and with more than 40 wins in AZ , we'll give that state's bragging rights to the Dirtbags and a spot in the Top 25
24. Gulf Coast Lightning- Pensacola, FL - One of the best teams in Florida went undefeated in a Global World Series to end their season. Gave Team Florida some good games and got better as the season progressed knocking off some top caliber teams from the Southeast in their later tournaments.
25. Louisiana Force - Mandeville, LA - Won more than 50 games and a lot of tournaments in LA to get the top spot in that state
26. Beaver Valley Red - New Castle, PA - Another Cooperstown crown for BV Red this season gets the PA power into the Top 30
27. Virginia Bay Sox - Chesapeake, VA - A Virginia state title and a strong finish plus a decent showing at the Elites in Disney earns the Bay Sox a Top 30 berth
28. Richmond Braves Nationals - Richmond, VA - This program has become one of the top Northeastern powers and has really exemplified the growth of top-notch Travel baseball in the Northeast. I think everyone in the country will agree that the Nationals, Virginia Bays Sox , Beaver Valley Red, South Jersey Young Guns and Ohio Glaciers can compete and beat anyone in the country at anytime and the success of teams like the Nationals is really driving the advancement of Travel baseball up North. A 48 and 12 USSSA record earns them a spot in elite company.
29. Pembroke Lakes Bulldogs - Cooper City, FL - 5 wins at the Elites in Disney gets the Bulldogs into the Top 30. A 49 and 17 USSSA record in one of the toughest states for baseball is quite impressive.
30. South Jersey Young Guns - Erial, NJ - Giving some love to the Jersey Boys for their Northeast Super NIT win that featured most of the Northeast powers
Cincy Flames - Cincinnati, OH
Phenom - Moreno Valley, CA
Cubs Select 12U Red - Raleigh, NC
Frozen Ropes Black - Omaha, NEB
Orlando Warriors Black - Orlando, FL
TPSA - Cullman, AL
Rocket City Roadrunners - Huntsville, AL
Lugnuts - Alabaster , AL
G Force - Gardendale, AL
Sandtown Red Sox - Atlanta, GA
San Antonio Devils - San Antonio, TX
North Texas Longhorns Gillespie - North Texas
Dallas Tigers - Woods - Coppell. TX
AZ Blaze Red - Chandler, AZ
So Cal Outlaws - Chino Hills, CA
So Cal Xplosion - Inland Empire , CA
Dakota Ridge Fear - Littleton, CO
Miami Titans - Miami, FL
East Cobb Titans - Marietta, GA
Upper Deck Cougars - Romoeville, IL
Mac-N-Seitz Indians - Overland Park , KS
Louisiana Legends - Lafayette, LA
Lousiana Bounty Hunters - Alexandria, LA
Louisiana Thunder - West Monroe, LA
vision Baseball - Olive Branch, MS
Amory Heat - Amory, MS
Dynasty - Kingwood, TX
Padres Blue - Northshore, LA
Germantown Giants - Germantown, TN
River City Bandits - Antioch, CA
Club All Star 12U Blue - Stockton, CA
Rawlings USA Boltz- Tampa, FL
Wasco Wildcats - St. Charles, IL
Ohio Diamond Hawks - Bowling Green, OH
Athletic Republic - Auburn Hills, MI
Spartanburg Phillies - Spartanburg, SC
Americans - Charlotte, NC
In the cool pines of Flagstaff the 12U champions were crowned this afternoon and it was the hometown flavor of the Flagstaff Thunder holding on against the 11U AZ Dash in a thriller by a score of 4-3! The Thunder averaged an earlier pool play loss to this same Dash team by the same 4-3 score. The Thunder finished the weekend with a 3-1 mark! In the third place game it was the Kingman Krush beating up on the younger 11U Dirtbags team by a score of 16-5.
The San Diego Stars 9U North team, led by legendary Head Coach Lyle Gabriel, provided the San Diego Stars Baseball Academy with yet another national title by going undefeated (7-0) in the Triple Crown Sports World Series played in Steamboat Springs, Colorado from July 27th through July 31st.
Gabriel's 9U North squad made quick work of their opponents in pool play, generating 42 runs on offense while only surrender 2 runs in three pool games. Keoni Cavaco and Emilio Luna provided the power in pool play, combining for 12 hits in pool play.
Once in bracket play, the Stars never took their foot off the throttle, defeating the Oklahoma Outlaws, OC Sundevils, and the Apaches from Los Angeles before dispatching the OC Sundevils for a second time by a 6-5 score in the championship game.
The Stars' catcher, Max Power, drove in the winning run with a 2-out RBI (11 in the tournament) single to left field over the outstretched arm of Sundevil 3rd baseman, Hunter Cope. He did this with the bases loaded in the bottom on the 6th to secure the win. Keoni Cavaco went the distance for the Stars.