1.0 Travelball® National Championship Rules:
- Entry fee is non-refundable.
- Teams must provide a “Certificate of Liability Insurance”.
- Birth Certificates – Team Manager must have player proof of age (birth certificate) available prior to all games. The tournament has invited you because of your ethics and skills. Therefore it will not check proof of age prior to the tournament. However, any team may request the Tournament Director to validate any player’s age. A team unable to provide such proof will prevent the player from participating until proof can be provided. Playing with an ineligible player will result in the forfeit of all games played.
- Admission during the National Championships for persons 16 years of age and older will be $10 pay day ($50 pre order) per person for a National Championship Pass. Children 10 – 15 years of age will be $8 per day ($30 pre order) per child for a National Championship Pass. Children 9 years of age and younger are admitted FREE. Admission applies to everyone except participating uniformed players and a maximum of three coaches per team. You will be able to pick up ALL your passes at check-in, the night before the tournament. ALL PASSES ARE WATER PROOF AND MUST BE WORN ON THE WRIST AT ALL TIMES.
- Proof, line-up card/scorebook with player in batting order, is the responsibility of the Team Manager if challenged. Rosters will be available on line for all participating teams to view. Challenges must be made within 10 days of TNC respected start date.
- Rules by Age:
- Roster players must have competed in a MINIMUM number of games (see chart) to be eligible on the qualified “TEAM”.
- Only games with a recognizable sanctioning body AND/OR league will be counted towards a team’s requirements. Scrimmages will not be counted as “games”.
- For National Championship Tournament – All teams are scheduled four (4) games in a pool play format with championship bracket play to follow.
- Pool games can end in a tie. If games are tied after all regular innings have been played but there is still time remaining in the time limit, we will continue to play full innings until the time limit has expired. If game is still tied at this point, the standings will reflect the tie.
- Ties will be broken in the following order. Head to head play, runs allowed, run differential, and flip of the coin. For run differential tiebreakers, all scoring will be capped at 8 (eight) runs. Once we have thrown out a tie-breaker, you can NOT go back. For example if there is a three (3) way tie for a pool winner and “head to head” cannot decide the outcome, then “runs allowed” will decide first and second. We will NOT go back to “head to head” with the remaining two teams at any point.
NOTE: IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RE-FORMAT THE TOURNAMENT. NO FEE REFUND WILL BE ISSUED FOR GAMES MISSED.
2.0 Code of Conduct:
- The head coach is responsible for the behavior of his team, coaches, parents, and fans. Unruly behaviour (continuation after warning) will cause team to forfeit game.
- The umpires are in charge of the game. Excessive arguing or abuse will not be tolerated. The umpire’s decision on any judgment call is final. Rule interpretation can be discussed with a Tournament Director. Ejection will merit a one game suspension minimum or permanently expelled from park based on discretion of Tournament Director after consulting Chief Umpire.
- Ejection of a player will result in suspension for the remainder of that game and the next scheduled game. Any second offense will result in being banned from the complex for the remainder of the tournament.
3.0 Travelball® National Championship Game Rules:
- Game time is forfeit time. Please have your team warmed up and ready to play.
- BAT POLICY: We will adopt the 2018 approved Sanctioned bat policy for this event. All bats must have the 1.15 stamp. We will also allow the new USA Bat Standard bats.
- The 14U 60/90 event must use high school approved bbcor bats.
- Rosters for 9u-12u will be limited to 13 players.
- Rosters for 13u-14u will be limited to 18 players.
- 13u age determination, 2022 graduate or younger, OR born on or after May 1, 2003
- 14u age determination, 2021 graduate or younger, OR born on or after May 1, 2002
- Pool Play – Flip for home team.
- In bracket play – the higher seed HAS CHOICE.
- Home team MUST keep the “official book”. Pitching cards for each game will be filled out by the umpire and require both coaches’ signature. The results will be posted after each game. Once posted, it is final. It is also the responsibility of the visiting team to review pitching form.
- Line-ups required fifteen (15) minutes before game time to the official scorekeeper.
- Each team can bat 9, 10 or their entire roster – nothing in-between (i.e. 14 players on roster can’t bat 13)
- If you choose to bat entire roster and a player cannot make his plate appearance for any reason, an out will be recorded for that spot in the lineup.
- No balk warnings!
- Metal cleats are allowed in the 13u and 14u ages ONLY!
- Coaches must wear tennis shoes or cleats on field (NO SANDALS)! Coach must also wear a team shirt with logo, jersey or shirt with team colors.
- 9u and 10u will play 46/65. 11u and 12u will play 50/70. 13u will play 54/80 or 60/90 and 14u will play 60/90.
- All 9u thru 12u games will be six (6) innings with a 1:45 time limit. No inning will start after this time. No time limit in the championship round.
- All 13u and 14u games will be seven (7) innings with a 2 hour time limit. No inning will start after this time. No time limit in the championship round.
- We will take the top two teams in each pool to the double elimination championship bracket. The remaining teams will play a single elimination consolation bracket.
- In the 9u thru 12u age groups the run rule will be fifteen (15) after three (3), ten (10) after four (4) and eight (8) after five (5) complete innings.
- In the 13u and 14u age groups the run rule will be fifteen (15) after three (3), ten (10) after four (4) and eight (8) after five (5) innings of play.
- Pitching guidelines are as follows: 9U and 10U will be allowed 10 innings for the duration of the event. These innings are to be used at the manager’s discretion. One out is equal to 1/3 of an inning. No more than six (6) innings in one day.
- Pitching guidelines are as follows: 11U and 12U will be allowed 11 innings for the duration of the event. These innings are to be used at the manager’s discretion. One out is equal to 1/3 of an inning. No more than six (6) innings in one day.
- Pitching guidelines are as follows: 13U will be allowed 12 innings for the duration of the event. These innings are to be used at the manager’s discretion. One out is equal to 1/3 of an inning. No more than seven (7) innings in one day.
- Pitching guidelines are as follows: 14U is unlimited. No more than seven (7) innings in one day.
- Courtesy Runner for catchers and pitchers at coach’s discretion. In all cases, the courtesy runner must be the player that made the last out, if there are no bench players, or a player that is not in the batting order. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- A player must try to avoid contact. Failure to do so will be at the discretion of the umpires.
- $100.00 cash non-refundable protest fee. (to include Roster protests) Protests must be made before teams leave the field.
4.0 Travelball® National Championship Park Rules:
- Pre-game warm-ups: All team warm-ups will only be allowed in designated warm-up areas (sheltered batting cages provided), or in the outfield. No pre-game practice on any mound or plates. No pre-game in-field practice.
- NO COOLERS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE BALL PARK.
- NO PETS ALLOWED!!
- NO SMOKING WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE PARKS!!
- GO TO ECB WEBSITE FOR ADDITIONAL PARK RULES.
- NO SLASHING ALLOWED!!